Default TECH: White flickering lines with HD Sony TV Pioneer receiver More info

Hi again- More details

I have a Sony 36HS510 (4:3 HD), with a Time Warner Pioneer BD-3500HD Digital Home Terminal. TW insists that this is normal, but I don't think so…..

Connections are through component video or DVI. Aspect ratio is set to 4:3 TV, and no zoom or stretch. All of the modes are enabled (1080i, 720, etc)

Issue: If I have all of the modes enabled, the picture is always in 16:9, even if the native format is 4:3. If I have the modes disabled (or through a DVI cable) it shows in 4:3, and changes to 16:9 when the show is broadcast in HD. THIS IS WHAT I WANT! BUT there are white flickering lines at the top of the screen when viewing 1 or 2 of the HD channels.

I have tried all of the modes, and cannot find a suitable setting that works. The problem is that there is a white flickering line on channel 506 (FOX-HD) when in HD.

I have changed out the converter, and the same problem exists. Looks like data is being displayed.

When I use the DVI connection, the picture is as desired, (I cannot change aspect ratio or mode), BUT there is the flickering white line at the top of the HD channel 506, that looks like data..

Where is the problem?