Old October 5th 17, 04:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default IcePower 200ASC amp module

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
Hugo wrote:
javielectronicamateos wrote:

El jueves, 21 de julio de 2016, 20:31:31 (UTC+2), Gareth Magennis
escribi

Hi,

can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang &

Olufsun combined

SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB.

The one I have has the exact same fault as this one:
http://forum.recordere.dk/uploads/36113/icepower3.jpg

Blown cap (presumably), but no way of finding out what it was.
There are other photos on the Interweb of this board which show the

unmar
ked
device not blown up.

There's about 330v DC across the remains, and my amp module still

works

without it.

This is in a powered Studio Monitor Sub, seems these modules are

reasonab
ly
popular in this kind of thing - B&O would not sell these to the

public,

though I read on a forum while Googling today that they might now,

but ar
prohibitively expensive.

Any smart guesses what I should be putting in there? One end goes

to the

three paralleled resistors which are very low ohmage and I guess

current

sense at ground, the other goes to the first pin of the transformer

which
is
at high HT.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Hola, el condensador es de 2,2pf 2kv y poner un fusible de 3,15a y a
funcio
nar.

Hi and thanks for info. I've been looking at this on and off for a long time!
With my very limited but growing (mostly iPhone and Mac logic board)
electronics knowledge I'm still rather unsure of what to do to fix the amp.

So avoid SMD - Use something like a single layer ceramic through hole?
600v to 2kv from looking through the thread
2.2pf or whatever pf can fit for component size?
A fuse 3.15amp so the cap doesn't keep blowing or maybe the 3 resistors in
series after the cap... - something leaded and I'm lost on voltage here, 250v?

perhaps this cap -
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/cerami...itors/8312929/
with this fuse -
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/non-re...fuses/8951678/

Any help would be super appreciated, I'm in dire need of BASS!!!

Old November 29th 17, 02:37 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
Hugo wrote:
Thanks for all the puzzle pieces folks, the bottom octave is back!!

High voltage cap, fuse in the right place.. all good!

Really appreciate the assistance ?

,

Old August 28th 18, 03:58 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

So bro can you let us know how did u fixed the unit, I have the same issue on the same module. Does 2.2PF 2kv SMD CAP really exist? I can only find the 50v type.
Old August 29th 18, 08:03 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018 at 10:58:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:
So bro can you let us know how did u fixed the unit, I have the same issue on the same module. Does 2.2PF 2kv SMD CAP really exist? I can only find the 50v type.

I think the OP said he used a leaded cap for the replacement.
I don't know where the 2.2pF value came from but that seems too small to do anything useful in that circuit.

I'd put in a 1000 pf 1000V leaded cap and call it a day.

mark

Old August 29th 18, 10:03 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

"I'd put in a 1000 pf 1000V leaded cap and call it a day. "

Depends on where it is in the circuit, a whole nF ? That is alot at some frequencies.

Old October 9th 18, 12:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair
pit pit is offline

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...le-165648-.htm ,
pit wrote:
I repaired my amp with a 1000PF 1KV ceramic cap. Like Gareth, my main fuse
was blown and I also had to replace it.

"

Depends on where it is in the circuit, a whole nF ? That is alot at some
frequencies.

Icepower 50ASX2 [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 June 15th 15 01:53 AM
LCD module? Sophie Electronics Repair 0 April 17th 06 04:51 AM
Supply 5,8,10 Pair Clamp Module,Orbit Clamp Module,LSA Profile-Anschlussleiste [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 28th 05 03:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 14 June 20th 05 06:26 AM
We could supply Krone module,MDF block,wiring block,STB module,Etc [email protected] UK diy 7 June 8th 05 10:18 PM