Posted to sci.electronics.components, sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.repair, alt.engineering.electrical

Default Help identifying connector

http://imgur.com/a/6qeua

(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I dont have it in my
possession.)

The header measures approx.:
pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in
spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in

How can I identify the type of shell and pin used in this connector?

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On 18-Jul-16 4:13 AM, DaveC wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/6qeua

(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I dont have it in my
possession.)

The header measures approx.:
pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in
spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in

How can I identify the type of shell and pin used in this connector?

Thanks.

Could it be 3.81mm / 0.150" pitch?

mouser 87221- TE Connectivity / AMP Connectors
http://au.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=87221-

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 13:13:21 -0700, DaveC wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/6qeua

(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I dont have it in my
possession.)

The header measures approx.:
pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in
spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in

How can I identify the type of shell and pin used in this connector?

Thanks.

Pins are likely from a .156" (3.96mm) "breakaway" single row header.
Such headers are sold with higher pin quantity and you merely snap off
the wanted number of pins.

The shell is a bit more difficult.
Connectors are typically crimped on the leads, using a matching
crimping tool.
Then the contacts slide and lock into the housing.

There are plenty of manufacturers you can google:
- AMP SL-156 Series
- Hirose DF63 Series
- JST VH Series
- Molex KK Interconnect Solutions

Most resellers will not offer single quantities.
If you need only a few pieces, eBay or AliExpress may offer the most
affordable solution.

Cheers!