Jerry Chanderpaul

Default Pioneer XV-HTD520 dvd/receiver

Hi has anyone ran into a bad transformer on this unit, I get a stanby light
on when unit is plugged in with no display when i try to turn on the power,
relay clicks, stanby light goes out for a few seconds then comes back
on,still no display. After taking the unit apart I found the Main
transformer is not putting out an AC voltage into the bridge IC rectifiers,
I put 120vac directly into the transformer and nothing out , the primary
windings measures about 2 kilo ohms, Where can i get this transformer (Bando
xts3061-a) for a good price, other #s on the transformer is bem1-whu
........ whxc10590........bd21a65c-001b 130(b)

Thanks
Jerry

Mark D. Zacharias

Check Pioneer for their price - 800-457-2881.

Mark Z.

"Jerry Chanderpaul" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Hi has anyone ran into a bad transformer on this unit, I get a stanby

light
on when unit is plugged in with no display when i try to turn on the

power,
relay clicks, stanby light goes out for a few seconds then comes back
on,still no display. After taking the unit apart I found the Main
transformer is not putting out an AC voltage into the bridge IC

rectifiers,
I put 120vac directly into the transformer and nothing out , the primary
windings measures about 2 kilo ohms, Where can i get this transformer

(Bando
xts3061-a) for a good price, other #s on the transformer is bem1-whu
....... whxc10590........bd21a65c-001b 130(b)

Thanks
Jerry

Jerry Chanderpaul

$84 at Argo electronics, 2 weeks delievry, guess its coming from Japan,
since this is a farily new unit I wonder if this is gonna be a common
problem with these units

Jerry
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Bill Jr

Why would you want to pay $84 for a $46 transformer that can be ordered from
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/ and is in stock?

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

BTW, XTS3061 is the Pioneer part number.

[...]

Jerry

Thanks Bill, I will check the website, I am located in Toronto, Canada so i
would assume your price is $46 US which is about $68 CAN and then there
will probably be shipping cost which will work out to be the same thing i am
paying in Canada $84

Jerry
"Bill Jr" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Bill Jr

Jerry,
That info does help.
I should refrain from assuming US dollars for everything posted on usenet.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Jerry" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Bill, I will check the website, I am located in Toronto, Canada so

would assume your price is $46 US which is about $68 CAN and then there
will probably be shipping cost which will work out to be the same thing i

am
paying in Canada $84

Jerry
"Bill Jr" wrote in message
m...
[...]

randy

try to jump the left (looking at unit from front) to middle contacts
on transformer( a few strands of solder-wick should do it).
Jerry

I tried the jumper, it didnt work, I guess this proves the transformer is
shot. Thanks anyways for your suggestions

Jerry
"randy" wrote in message
om...
try to jump the left (looking at unit from front) to middle contacts
on transformer( a few strands of solder-wick should do it).

Aries Quitex

www.hrdiemen.es is a good place to attend. They#re in spain, but deliver
worldwide.

--