Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bleutooth transceiver for non-bluetooh

Well, I looked and I found what I was asking about, at the bottom
here, but since the post is written, I'm posting it.

I decided I want to look like one of the cool** young umppies who walk
around with a headset all the time, so they can take important phone
calls, so I'll look important too. And I wanted it before when I was
using Skype a lot from the desktop PC.

But now I'm waiting for phone call and I want to take a bath -- oy is
it humid! -- but if the call comes it's hard to hold the cordless
phone in the bath, and anyhow, I think it would be nice if there was a
bluetooth transceiver that would plug into the headset jack in my
cordless phone.

Does anyone make such a thing?

**Yeah, I know "cool" is not cool anymore. That's why I need
electronic help.

This is only $20, but it's only version 2.1. Is that real bad?
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_i...wasaAsWE8P8HAQ

$70
https://www.amazon.com/Hqtelecom-Blu.../dp/B00A0X9X00

$64 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be0QfmQq4dI
http://www.chinabootik.com/smartphon...vacc-g708.html

Yeah, it's probalby hard to keep the headset from getting wet in the
tub too.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 19:46:02 -0400, Micky
wrote:

[...]

The $20.00 Monoprice one only transmits audio from the attached
device. I.E. You can listen but not talk.

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ah. I can see that now. ;-( . I wouldn't want that then, but it
sounds like a perfect present for my girlfriend.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Now that I think some more, this one had the advantage that it would
plug into my cordless phone, that has a jack, and I could take it
anywhere the phone worked which is within 50 or 80 feet of the house,
including the room with the bathtub. Of course, as you point out, I
could only listen.

But the others plug into the phone line and only work within bluetooth
range, 10? feet, of, I guess, my desk. If I got a lot of calls it
could be worth it, but I don't. Oh, well. Extra money for candy.

---

I think the Avast signature doesn't get omitted when replying because
there are 3 hyphens and not 2 plus a space.