Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HORN

Hella horn for an intermittent alarm.

which pin is ground ?

how tell ?

is either pin grnd-pwr ?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...Wf7oZ1B-iTQkit
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 06/07/2016 9:46 AM, wrote:

Hella horn for an intermittent alarm.

which pin is ground ?

how tell ?

is either pin grnd-pwr ?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...Wf7oZ1B-iTQkit

No picture (bad link).

Usually alarm horns are polarized - perhaps one pin has a red dot
(positive)?

Or do a search online for that make and model, pretty good chance
someone has put up the info you need!

Like this:

https://www.hella.co.nz/en/products/accessories/horns/

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 12:46:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hella horn for an intermittent alarm.

which pin is ground ?

how tell ?

is either pin grnd-pwr ?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...Wf7oZ1B-iTQkit

If the contacts (Usually push-on make connectors) are both isolated from the body of the horn, it makes no difference which one is "hot" and which one is "ground". But, use a VOM to check each terminal for continuity to the mounting studs - and if there is continuity, that one will be the Ground.

Pretty basic if this is for an automotive application where the frame often serves as a common ground. But, again, these days, alarm systems try to isolate key components and provide separate grounds so that they are less easily defeated.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 09:46:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hella horn for an intermittent alarm.
which pin is ground ?
how tell ?
is either pin grnd-pwr ?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...Wf7oZ1B-iTQkit

"Sign in with your Google Account"

Are you freakin' kidding!!!!!!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 12:46:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hella horn for an intermittent alarm.

which pin is ground ?

how tell ?

is either pin grnd-pwr ?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...Wf7oZ1B-iTQkit

the 'S' on https: blocks transmission into various servers. Remove the S and retry.

No continuity. I found, and not this morning, a small chart in Goo Images defining the horn back as either post for +/-

I have forgotten why that was so decribed ....duh

now I find a method for the higher level Hella horn

scroll down into

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2...mazda-3-a.html

Trying to hook an Omega alarm system into a intermittent blow horn mode with relay for power from batt...horn is on van roof....with flasher on ground side horn. The wiring works but shortly...blowing 2 dorman hi decibel horns.

local goons broke into van n crosswired relays....they have a tech....after hearing the horn go off at Walmart.

We then moved shopping to the adjacent town.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 10:00:21 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

expected the pin numbers indicating grnd power in Euro style.

How much current does a car horn use ? the_constructor UK diy 7 March 5th 07 09:02 AM
electric horn seadog2 Electronics 2 September 2nd 06 06:25 PM
turning horn Brian Woodturning 14 February 26th 06 04:38 PM
Horn for my tractor dogpoint Metalworking 20 July 2nd 05 10:53 PM
Buffalo horn Andy Dingley Woodworking 21 October 30th 04 10:26 PM