DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped" (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/393691-re-advice-requested-whirlpool-duet-sport-washing-machine-popped.html)

[email protected] April 26th 16 05:59 PM

Advice requested Whirlpool Duet Sport Washing Machine "popped"

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 12:03:54 PM UTC-4, Danny DiAmico wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:56:42 +0100, MJC wrote:

The recipe I used (and the only one I've heard of) uses ammonia as a
source of nitrogen, not acid.

I could be remembering it wrong as it was a few decades ago.
It was chem lab, so, there was everything available.

We may have used the nitric acid with the cotton balls ...

Nitric acid, but glacial sulphuric acid as well to pull out the water formed as a byproduct. The making of nitrocellulose (gun cotton) is more dangerous than the using of it, for the most part.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA