DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic DVD Player problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/39169-panasonic-dvd-player-problem.html)

vizagite October 2nd 03 01:19 AM

Panasonic DVD Player problem

I bought a panasonic DVD player couple of years ago. DVD-CV50 5 disc
changer. Recently its started giving problems and not playing DVDs
properly.

1. I would like to know if there is any site that discusses about
fixing DVD players, hacking etc.

2. or Is there any exchange program for DVD Players

3. If I want to get it repaired where do I've to do that for less,
there is one in Sunny Vale, CA, and the minimum charge is $45, but
I'll get a new DVD player
for that price.

4. If nothing works how do I recycle it.

I appreciate your responses,

TIA

David October 2nd 03 01:44 AM

Panasonic DVD Player problem

Read the FAQ www.repairfaq.org regarding cleaning the lens on cd players.
I strongly recommend you use the special eyeglass cleaner made for plastic
lens eyeglasses. It works well and is guaranteed not to damage any material
the laser lens might be made out of. Alcohol can damage some plastic lenses
and there is no way to know if it will damage the one you have until it is
too late.

Beyond that there is a lot of specialized equipment required to even begin
to troubleshoot one of these. There is also no web site with any quick
cheap fixes. You will either have to contact Panasonic and see if they have
a flat rate repair depot that you can ship the unit for repairs, or pay
someone local that is Panasonic trained and authorized to service the unit.

David

om...

Mark D. Zacharias October 2nd 03 02:22 AM

Panasonic DVD Player problem

DVD players often get symptoms after a year or two, depending on usage.
Generally it's the pickup, which is usually too expensive for an
out-of-warranty repair. If cleaning doesn't fix it, you might as well just
replace it unless you're into spending about 140.00 to 200.00 for a repair.

Mark Z .

om...

vizagite October 3rd 03 04:05 PM

Panasonic DVD Player problem

Hello David and Mark,

Thanks for your suggestions. Even I'm thinking it might be the pickup,
after following previous posts. My DVD player infact plays for about
half-an-hour or so and then stops. It seems it is pretty much the
symptom with bad pickup. Any how I'll try again cleaning the Lens and
if it does not work I'll go for a new DVD player.

Thanks once again,

Mark D. Zacharias October 4th 03 03:04 AM

Panasonic DVD Player problem

Yeah, I recently had an Onkyo dvd go exactly 39 minutes, then pixelize,
freeze, and stop. Pretty common pickup symptom.

Mark Z.

om...

randy October 27th 03 08:54 PM

Panasonic DVD Player problem

replace pickup p/n ved0402-1. part cost 129.00.