Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pad-lifting

En el artículo ,
John-Del escribió:

Fortunately I had a working board and I used a DMM on the diode scale (for the
audible) and attached one lead to the cap in question and I waltzed the other
lead around the board on every point until I found a zero ohm connection that
did not exist on the damaged board. Running an external jumper fixed it.

Ingenious. I'll remember that. Thanks.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote:

I had a Samsung multi layer board that was working but quit after I
replaced a typical leaded electrolytic that was vented a bit. Top and
bottom connections fine but the middle layer was not. Several reheats did
not fix it.

Fortunately I had a working board and I used a DMM on the diode scale (for
the audible) and attached one lead to the cap in question and I waltzed
the other lead around the board on every point until I found a zero ohm
connection that did not exist on the damaged board. Running an external
jumper fixed it.

Well, you got lucky. You'd want to find the closest point that same net
came to another through-hole. If that net didn't come out to another hole
nearby, the long wire would somewhat defeat the purpose of the cap. If in a
high frequency circuit like a switching regulator, it might not work.

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

"MJC" wrote in message
In article , elson@pico-
systems.com says...
The problem is not the cost of ONE connector, but the distributors

make you buy 160 pieces minimum order! That does get expensive.

As a private individual repairing my own kit I have met that problem
too. If you can find a sympathetic salesperson you could try asking for
a "sample"...

Some of that has aslways been a sore spot with me. The companies should be
required to sell any parts to an individual to do their own repair.
I went with a man to help him pick up some boat motor parts. A man off the
street wanted to buy some small part of about $ 20. They would not sell it
to him. So we bought the part and then sold it to him. If not for us, he
would have had a hard time getting that part.

I have called some companies and received small parts with no problem.
Needed a special transistor for a $ 1500 radio. Called Icom and ordered two
of them and the postage and parts was about $ 5. No rip off at all from
them.

Wow, fair pricing and avialable parts? Glad I just got an Icom radio. Just
tore it apart too- the construction is excellent- reminds me of late 1990s
Motorola radios in the attention to detail and ease of service.

Lifting Stuff SteamboatEd Haas Metalworking 50 January 24th 18 02:01 AM
lifting up carpet mo UK diy 2 August 2nd 10 10:53 PM
Air Lifting SteveB Home Repair 37 October 15th 05 02:52 AM
Air Lifting SteveB Metalworking 16 October 12th 05 07:43 PM
Lifting Marleys? Charles Lamont UK diy 5 July 26th 03 12:12 AM