DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aiwa NSX-S555 cd trouble (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/39011-aiwa-nsx-s555-cd-trouble.html)

Greg September 28th 03 10:17 PM

Aiwa NSX-S555 cd trouble

Hi All,
I have been give an Aiwa NSX-S555 mini system, and the CD unit will not
play. (3 cd turntable).
The CD picks up, and the lens attempts to focus, whilst the disc spins about
90 degrees & stops.
The unit attempts this 3 times, and then moves on to the next disc. (and
then the next)
I have heard that these units are known to have problems.
The lens has been cleaned.
I have been told that the 5 pin flex cable that goes to the platter
mechanism often needs replacing.
Is there any other common parts that fail that I can check whilst I have
this unit apart?

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks.
Greg.