Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JBL Radial Ipod speaker dock, how to get inside?

Removed the 2 sub base eye shaped pieces and loads of screws.
The two leg struts will separate with a blade but the split extends no
further with the size of blade I'm (so far) prepared to lever with, 2
seaparate the 2 main sections of the ring casing.
Model number 1012?, 700 0050 ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

Removed the 2 sub base eye shaped pieces and loads of screws.
The two leg struts will separate with a blade but the split extends no
further with the size of blade I'm (so far) prepared to lever with, 2
seaparate the 2 main sections of the ring casing.
Model number 1012?, 700 0050 ?

New one, warranty, 60 quid.
Clearly not designed to be repaired.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Radial-B.../dp/B000K20L4I

Gareth.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 16/01/2016 00:12, Gareth Magennis wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...
Removed the 2 sub base eye shaped pieces and loads of screws.
The two leg struts will separate with a blade but the split extends no
further with the size of blade I'm (so far) prepared to lever with, 2
seaparate the 2 main sections of the ring casing.
Model number 1012?, 700 0050 ?

New one, warranty, 60 quid.
Clearly not designed to be repaired.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Radial-B.../dp/B000K20L4I

Gareth.

Elsewhere I read
"To further disassemble the unit, you have to remove the mesh screen on
the back side of the unit, then you can access the screws that hold the
two halves of the donut together. I was able to do that by prying on the
bottom edge with a knife. The screen is glued in place and has some
little tabs as well."
I think I can interpret what that means, and will reattack later today

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The pedastal stuff with obvious screws is just a blinder.
On the upright rear face of the donut, warm and remove a piece of chrome
trim at the bottom. Get a dart point in the corner after heating the
perforated metal grill with hot air and prize off. Go around the the
whole mesh like that and when that is removed 18 large screws hold the 2
main parts of the donut casing together.