Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for eeprom F25L32QA

This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote:

This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Have you tried looking at the base part number, 25L32? It appears to
be an old 32K EPROM that was made by a lot of companies, an is likely
out of production. Is this like what you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321330554965
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 7:03:17 PM UTC-5, Michael Terrell wrote:
John-Del wrote:

This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Have you tried looking at the base part number, 25L32? It appears to
be an old 32K EPROM that was made by a lot of companies, an is likely
out of production. Is this like what you are looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321330554965

No, it's a current production eeprom that you find in typical "Black Friday" grade TVs (this is a Funai-Emerson). Looks like this:

http://www.people.com/article/star-t...artner_zergnet

I have an email out to Funai Corp to see if they sell the eeprom; most TV manufacturers won't sell parts, just complete boards.

I had the same model in a couple of months ago for repair and copied the image file in case I ever needed it (I do now), but the eeprom in this particular main board won't take a reprogramming as many do if they're just corrupted. If I can find the eeprom or a sub, I can load it and finish the job.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote:

[...]

Then it is an 8 or 16 pin SPI interface, instead of parallel? There
are a lot of those out in the wild, as well. DIgikey has both of those
styles, in the one dollar price range.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/integrated-circuits-ics/memory/2556980?k=25L32
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote:

[...]

Found it.. I don't know why but when I checked Ali yesterday, nothing showed.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...rchweb201560_3

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 15.12.2015 21:04, John-Del wrote:
This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another.
Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write
to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any
ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Hi

The datasheets look like this might be compatible with the M25P32 if
it's used in single-line I/O mode.

The M25P32 is more commonly available but it has only the standard SPI
interface. The F25L32 has an SPI interface too, but in addition it can
be switched to a two-line I/O mode as well. However if the device that
needs this chip only uses standard SPI and does not actually attempt
to switch it into two-line mode, a M25P32 could probably work as a
replacement.

Regards
Dimitrij
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 4:03:33 PM UTC-5, Dimitrij Klingbeil wrote:
[...]

Thanks Dimitrij, but you're talking way over my head on eeproms! Actually, I understand *some* of that info, but not enough to pick a suitable substitute..

In any case, I ordered 10 of the correct part from Alibaba and I'll have them in two weeks. Fortunately, I have the .bin file that I grabbed out of another of the same model that I repaired earlier this year for a different problem as Funai won't sell the eeprom for this model, only the complete main board.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

El martes, 15 de diciembre de 2015, 15:34:55 (UTC-4:30), John-Del escribió:
This has an ESMT logo and F25L32QA on one line and D301W on another. Googling only returns hits for programmers that can read and write to it, but no place to buy and no info for a sub. Anybody have any ideas? Even Alibaba returns zero hits (odd).

Is this of any help? It is a listing for the EEPROM you are lloikg for at Aliexpress. They sell a lot of 20 at just 12.54 US$

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...475780867.html

And just in case, here is the dataseet for the EEPROM:

http://www.esmt.com.tw/DB/manager/up...QA%282S%29.pdf

Good luck!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Any 2532 memory should be OK

Just check the frequency (100MUz) and the casing !

But it's a very old "museum" component.

lsmartino a écrit :
El martes, 15 de diciembre de 2015, 15:34:55 (UTC-4:30), John-Del escribió:

Is this of any help? It is a listing for the EEPROM you are lloikg for at Aliexpress. They sell a lot of 20 at just 12.54 US$

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...475780867.html

And just in case, here is the dataseet for the EEPROM:

http://www.esmt.com.tw/DB/manager/up...QA%282S%29.pdf

Good luck!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

lsmartino a écrit :
El martes, 15 de diciembre de 2015, 15:34:55 (UTC-4:30), John-Del escribió:

Is this of any help? It is a listing for the EEPROM you are lloikg for at Aliexpress. They sell a lot of 20 at just 12.54 US$

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...475780867.html

And just in case, here is the dataseet for the EEPROM:

http://www.esmt.com.tw/DB/manager/up...QA%282S%29.pdf

Good luck!

It's a current production memory (at least within the last two years or so, hardly a museum piece.

I did order 10 of them through Alibaba and they arrived a couple of weeks ago.