DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   recommend lunch with contractor(s)? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/387908-recommend-lunch-contractor-s.html)

[email protected] December 10th 15 08:43 PM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

Phil Hobbs December 10th 15 09:55 PM

On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM, wrote:
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great,
but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you
have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse
environment, what would you recommend? I remember I was watching
Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah,
that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce,
tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper
and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less
"trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke,
right?

Depends on how big your belly is. If I lean forward just a little, I
don't get any food on my clothes regardless of how messy it is. Maybe
twirling spaghetti, but french fries? Seriously?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

[email protected] December 10th 15 10:48 PM

Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM, wrote:
[...]

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Phil Hobbs December 11th 15 12:14 AM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

On 12/10/2015 05:48 PM, wrote:
Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Well, I'm not an American, though I've lived here for a day or two.

And fries with ketchup is a lot less messy than spaghetti with red
sauce, unless your gut is so large that you don't have a lap.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Jeff Liebermann December 11th 15 12:17 AM

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:43:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are
great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day.

Wear a bib:
https://www.google.com/search?q=adult+bib&tbm=isch
Form follows function.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Cydrome Leader December 11th 15 12:52 AM

wrote:
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

If your are known for anything "good"?

Had one repair guy drive from Michican to Chicago for a single service
call. He seemed keen on getting an Italian Beef (It's a Chicago-area
sandwich nobody outside the area can get right for some reason). He just
wanted to know what place to try.

It's something I take for granted, but they're a big deal for visitors.

Michael A. Terrell December 12th 15 07:31 PM

wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill.

[email protected] December 15th 15 04:42 PM

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill. "

Holy horse-feathers we're lighting that candle from
opposite ends: I positively DRINK the stuff, LOL!

Jeff Liebermann December 15th 15 05:34 PM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 08:42:08 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:
How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill. "

Make your own vinegar-less ketchup:
https://maggankruger.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/vinegar-less-homemade-ketchup/
I've never tried it but it looks interesting.

Michael A. Terrell December 15th 15 07:22 PM

wrote:

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill.

Holy horse-feathers we're lighting that candle from
opposite ends: I positively DRINK the stuff, LOL!

Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar
to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I
could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath.

[email protected] December 15th 15 07:28 PM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

Michael Terrell wrote: "- show quoted text -
Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar
to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I
could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath. "

Wait.. what?

Michael A. Terrell December 15th 15 07:36 PM

wrote:

Michael Terrell wrote: "- show quoted text -
Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar
to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I
could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath. "

Wait.. what?

What part don't you understand? Telling you to drink the stuff, or being
in wound care for some deep ulcerated wounds on my leg?

[email protected] December 15th 15 07:45 PM

2:36 PM Michael Terrell wrote:
What part don't you understand? Telling you to drink the stuff, or being
in wound care for some deep ulcerated wounds on my leg? "

I interpreted the second part as: consuming ketchup
landed you in the hospital, and I was quizzical as to
how that could have happened. LOL

The leg wound part cleared things up. Guess
you just have an aversion to vinegar, in any
form.

Michael A. Terrell December 16th 15 12:14 AM

wrote:

2:36 PM Michael Terrell wrote:
What part don't you understand? Telling you to drink the stuff, or being
in wound care for some deep ulcerated wounds on my leg? "

I interpreted the second part as: consuming ketchup
landed you in the hospital, and I was quizzical as to
how that could have happened. LOL

The leg wound part cleared things up. Guess
you just have an aversion to vinegar, in any
form.

I had a so called 'friend' hold out a bag of potato chips, but I
couldn't see the label. He was laughing as I was gasping for breath,
because they were full of vinegar. I didn't even have to swallow them to
be sick for three days. I have to avoid all condiments on food, because
most have vinegar in them. I cook my own food, so that I can make sure
there is no vinegar in it.

[email protected] December 16th 15 12:32 AM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

Michael Terrell:

Horrors! I apologize for not
appreciating how serious your
allergy really is. I have a
likewise averse reaction to
simple house dust, due to
circumstances during my youth
I'd rather not go into. Simply
put, one speck of dust, one
stray hair, and I'm down and
out!

Michael A. Terrell December 16th 15 01:20 AM

wrote:

Michael Terrell:

Horrors! I apologize for not
appreciating how serious your
allergy really is. I have a
likewise averse reaction to
simple house dust, due to
circumstances during my youth
I'd rather not go into. Simply
put, one speck of dust, one
stray hair, and I'm down and
out!

We all have something that affects us. The problem is when others
ignore the issues they have been told about. I'm diabetic, but people
keep trying to get me to eat things that are loaded with sugar. I am
already having problems controlling my glucose levels. I am on two 1000
mg of Metformin, which is the maximum dose that is considered safe,
along with two shots of 50 units of insulin per day. Add four test
strips a day, and that is six times that you have to poke holes in
yourself.

As far as dust goes, I used to use a large exhaust fan, and the air
compressor to stir it up, and suck it out of the shop. or my home.
Always on the upwind side, of course.