Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Are all low-end 900 Mhz speakers interchangeable?

Are all old-style low-end 900 Mhz speakers interchangeable?

The wireless speakers that sold new for $80 a pair in 1999, which I
bought at a hamfest for iirc $20 a pair, are now for sale NIB for $400
a pair!! RCA WSP150 900 MHz Wireless Speakers

Well, there are cheaper ones that are used, but that's new in the box.
What are the chances that I could buy a competitor, also 900MHz, and
they will work with the transmitter I have now?? Or that their
transmitter would work with my speakers??

I can wait for a bargain on the very same RCA speakers, but I'd hate
to pass up other brands if they're really all the same. Especially
if I see them at a yard sale or hamfest.

There's an Audio-Unlimited for sale that says "Auto tuning function
for interference free reception utilizing Phase Loop Lock (PLL)
technology automatically tuning in the optimal frequency." No
transmitter included, The RCA speakers don't mention PLL. Does that
mean they're not compatible? I read the wikip article about PLL but I
still don't know.

Thanks for any help you can give.

(PLEASE DON'T SHOP FOR ME. MY GUMS HURT AND I'M NOT READY TO SPEND
EVEN 60 RIGHT NOW.)

Background:
I have two pair of the old ones, and one of the transmitters was bad,
but I saw the vendor at the next big hamfest and he replaced it. Now
I'm worried another one will fail. Also one speaker has very low
range now. I put it in the bathroom, very close to the transmitter,
but I can only do that with one of them. IOW, I need one or more
spare transmistters and rcvr/speakers

They're stereo but I don't care about stereo, and I have one speaker
in my bedroom, the kitchen, the basement, and the bathroom. Plus
one spare, that I've used outside, but I had to borrow a wall-wart
from another one. (I'll make up a wall-wart for the 5th one.)

It's great. I can listen to the same webradio station all over the
house, especially since as I said in the other thread, I have trouble
getting the two DC stations on real radios, but they're both on the
web.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Let me add that I can tell some won't work. Instead of a tuning knob
they have Channel 1, 2, 3 (Maybe that's for PLL)

My current devices have a tuning knob on both the transmitter and the
receivers, and I suppose I could tune to channel 1, 2, or 3, and then
tune the other receivers to match, but that's looking for trouble.

Also, I suppose ???? if necessary some day, I could have two
incompatible transmitters with their matching speakers. That should
work, right?? but I still hope to avoid it.

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 02:09:55 -0500, Micky
wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If you don't need stereo, get a low
Power fm transmitter and you can use