DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Grundig ST 55-750 problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/38658-grundig-st-55-750-problem.html)

NieuwsGroep September 21st 03 01:59 PM

Grundig ST 55-750 problem

Hello,

I've got a problem with my Grundig TV. (ST 55-750/9 text) The fuse exploded
when I turned it on. I tried a new fuse just to be sure, but as expected, it
burnt threw as well. Has anyone had the same problem and/or know what I need
to do to repair it?

Rein

Alain Beguin September 21st 03 02:23 PM

Grundig ST 55-750 problem

"NieuwsGroep" a écrit le/schreef op/wrote on 21/09/2003
Hello,

I've got a problem with my Grundig TV. (ST 55-750/9 text) The fuse exploded
when I turned it on. I tried a new fuse just to be sure, but as expected, it
burnt threw as well. Has anyone had the same problem and/or know what I need
to do to repair it?

Rein

Hi, Rein,

Usually, when a fuse blows like you described, the mains rectifier
diodes are short or (and)
the switching transistor in the power supply.
Have also a look at some small caps for shorts or cracks in the case.
The same for electrolytics in the power supply.

I repaired some Grundigs 10 years ago but I do not have schematics. :-(

Succes,

Al

--
Alain Beguin b - 2330