DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HDMI Inputs On TV ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/386040-hdmi-inputs-tv.html)

Bob[_44_] October 14th 15 11:23 PM

HDMI Inputs On TV ?

Hi,

Figure that someone here would know.

My TV has only 2 HDMI inputs.

I have a USB hub on my PC that allows 6 USB inputs to be ported to, and
shared, by a single USB input on my home desktop PC.

Is there anything similar for TV HDMI inputs ?

Or, are there switch-boxes available as an alternate solution, where you
manually can switch from one HDMI source to another one, and then feed
the single TV HDMI Port ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

Dave M[_5_] October 15th 15 12:27 AM

HDMI Inputs On TV ?

This box will probably do what you want:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA1KT2VT9895

If it's not what you want, you can search Google for
HDMI Switcher
or
HDMI matrix switch

Hope that helps
Dave M

Bob Horvath October 15th 15 12:57 AM

HDMI Inputs On TV ?

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:23:00 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hi,

Figure that someone here would know.

My TV has only 2 HDMI inputs.

I have a USB hub on my PC that allows 6 USB inputs to be ported to, and
shared, by a single USB input on my home desktop PC.

Is there anything similar for TV HDMI inputs ?

Or, are there switch-boxes available as an alternate solution, where you
manually can switch from one HDMI source to another one, and then feed
the single TV HDMI Port ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

Go to Amazon and search for HDMI switch.

[email protected] October 18th 15 10:11 AM

HDMI Inputs On TV ?

Bob wrote:
Or, are there switch-boxes available as an alternate solution, where
you manually can switch from one HDMI source to another one, and then
feed the single TV HDMI Port ?

You can get these, but get a switch box that has its own power source,
and doesn't try to derive power from the HDMI port on the TV.

HDMI does have a power wire but the power available is really low -
less than USB, if I remember right. It's not really enough to run much
of any external hardware.

I have used a totally electromechanical HDMI switch box on a Toshiba
TV and couldn't get it to work right.

HDMI also has a handshake that has to happen; sometimes the TV will sync
back up after you operate the switch box and sometimes not. You may
have to power-cycle the TV or the HDMI source device after using the
switch box, to get a picture.

Matt Roberds