DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Color cartridge...give life with drops?? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/38564-color-cartridge-give-life-drops.html)

Camilo Plata September 17th 03 02:49 AM

Color cartridge...give life with drops??

Hello. I've a HP 710c printer. On this days the color cartridge got
empty... it was 1am and I needed to print something at the moment. So,
I thought on a solution... putting some drops of water on the ink
exit...so, this drops, mixed with the dry ink, will allow me to print
what I needed.

The next day, i bought a new color cartridge, but I had a problem .
When i try to print a photo it starts fine, but progressively the
quality goes down. The image looks moved, stained.

Have you ever seen something like this? Is it a due to a defect on the
new cartridge? Or, I hope not, is ther any possibility I've messed up
my printer with this trick with the drops of water??

I thank you any advice... I've spent a lot of money on the new
cartridge, but worst is to destroy your machine... :-(

Camilo

fidik September 17th 03 01:19 PM

Color cartridge...give life with drops??

I think that your new cartridge is defective. Try soaking it for a minute or so
in a container with 1 cm or 1/4 inch of water. You will get a little bit more
out of it but not much since it appears that it has gone dry.

I soak my cartridges habitually especially after refills as they get
progressively drier, this process which is similar to yours does not affect the
performance of new cartridges.

Mike Berger September 17th 03 06:27 PM

Color cartridge...give life with drops??

You probably still have water in the ink system. Print a bunch of pages
in color to clear it out.

Vlad September 19th 03 04:34 AM

Color cartridge...give life with drops??

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:27:48 -0500, Mike Berger
wrote:

You probably still have water in the ink system. Print a bunch of pages
in color to clear it out.

Camilo Plata wrote:

HP cartridges are different from the others.
It's not possible to have water in the system.
You most likely have a defective cartridge
Vlad