DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem with Samsung Wide Screen TV (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/38491-problem-samsung-wide-screen-tv.html)

Henry Mydlarz September 14th 03 08:22 AM

Problem with Samsung Wide Screen TV

Hi.

I have a Samsung Model WS-32Z6HR wide screen TV (in Australia). It is 100Hz,
progressive scan, 1080i capable. The problem I have is when watching
standard analogue telecast. Every few minutes at random, there is a flicker
and a momentary loss of colour, then a second or two with no sound. Then
everything is OK for another few minutes.

Although I have on occasions repaired monochrome and colour televisions and
am familliar with the basic circuitry, I am acutely aware of my limitations
and have absolutely no intention of dabbling with the set. The TV is under
warranty and I intend to place a warranty service call. I would like some
idea, though, what the problem might be, so that I can understand better
what the serviceman may tell me. can the problem be due to some control
setting? Have any of you come across this type of problem?

Thank you very much.

Henry
Melbourne, Australia