fidik

Default Japanese equipment power supplies in Europe ?

Transformers do not change the frequency, just effective voltage.

Adrian wrote:

Hello,

I've imported an electronic aplliance from Japan
which comes with a charge-adapter. The adapter is
designed for Japanese power (100V/60Hz) and sockets.

I live in Europe and have 230V/50Hz. The charge-adapter
takes 100V @ 60 or 50 Hz. All AC-AC-transformers I've
seen so far here output 110V @ 60 Hz. Am I right
that I can use such transformers for my Japanese equipment ?

The descriptions of the transformers say all "for US appliances",
but in the US you have 120V/60Hz, don't you ? So the
transformers should be suitable for both US and Japanese
appliances to work with as the 110V are in
tolerance for both 100 and 120V ? (But don't probably
can use Japanese appliances with US power, do you ?).

Are Japanese and US wallsocket mechanically identical ?

Thanks,
Adrian

Gary Tait

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 15:25:41 +0200, Adrian
wrote:

Hello fidik,

Transformers do not change the frequency, just effective voltage.

I know that, if you read my message you'll find that I say
that the transformer outputs 110V@50Hz not 60Hz. That's
not what I asked but whether the 110V of the transformer
would be in tolerance for my 100V charge adapter.

greetings,
Adrian

If it is 110V. It may be highter. The socket will be the same though.

Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Pls F1 me: Electroplating using computer power supply Jif Metalworking 6 December 5th 03 04:35 AM
power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM
Phase converter balancing Karl Townsend Metalworking 7 July 13th 03 12:48 AM