DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - A sad day ... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/382403-ot-sad-day.html)

Arfa Daily August 6th 15 04:10 PM

OT - A sad day ...

George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

Stuart Noble August 6th 15 08:10 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

newshound August 6th 15 08:25 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 06/08/2015 19:10, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

No, a large scotch! Pints were for the workers.

MJC August 6th 15 08:33 PM

OT - A sad day ...

In article ,
says...

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

I think the Winchester closed when the actor playing the much put-upon
proprietor died years ago.

Mike.

Adrian[_9_] August 6th 15 08:39 PM

OT - A sad day ...

In message , stuart noble
writes
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

Wouldn't a vodka and tonic be more in keeping ?

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

michael adams[_8_] August 6th 15 10:56 PM

OT - A sad day ...

"MJC" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

I think the Winchester closed when the actor playing the much put-upon
proprietor died years ago.

Mike.

Glyn Edwards is still very much alive - at least according to Wiki.

And he fared rather better in "Minder" than he did in "Get Carter"
where he was stabbed to death by Michael Caine.

michael adams

Arfa Daily August 6th 15 11:08 PM

OT - A sad day ...

"newshound" wrote in message
On 06/08/2015 19:10, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

No, a large scotch! Pints were for the workers.

It was a VAT, wasn't it ?

Arfa

Trevor Wilson August 6th 15 11:34 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Dave Plowman (News) August 7th 15 01:07 AM

OT - A sad day ...

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 06/08/2015 19:10, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

No, a large scotch! Pints were for the workers.

Obviously no Minder fans here. It was a large VAT.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Sam Plusnet August 7th 15 02:27 AM

OT - A sad day ...

In article ,

"MJC" wrote in message
In article ,

says...

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

I think the Winchester closed when the actor playing the much put-upon
proprietor died years ago.

Mike.

Glyn Edwards is still very much alive - at least according to Wiki.

And he fared rather better in "Minder" than he did in "Get Carter"
where he was stabbed to death by Michael Caine.

There's not a lot of people wot know that.

--
Sam

Arfa Daily August 7th 15 02:32 AM

OT - A sad day ...

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back Minder
episodes in tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

michael adams[_8_] August 7th 15 08:13 AM

OT - A sad day ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back Minder episodes in
tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

A Life of Bliss

34 episodes available as Mp3's

https://archive.org/details/ALifeOfBlissBbc

michael adams

MJC August 7th 15 10:39 AM

OT - A sad day ...

In article ,

Glyn Edwards is still very much alive - at least according to Wiki.

Oh dear, my apologies to Mr Edwards for over-exaggerating a report of
his death! (I wonder who I was confusing him with...)

Mike.

Trevor Wilson August 7th 15 12:34 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 7/08/2015 6:21 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 01:32:39 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back
Minder episodes in tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

Although, SWMBO and I caught one a couple of years ago. Despite both
being massive (childhood) fans, we had to admit, it hadn't aged well :(

Best left as a memory.

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Trevor Wilson August 7th 15 12:35 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 7/08/2015 8:34 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
[...]

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Trevor Wilson August 7th 15 01:29 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 7/08/2015 8:42 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 20:35:03 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

On 7/08/2015 8:34 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 7/08/2015 6:21 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 01:32:39 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real'
Arthur Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back
Minder episodes in tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

Although, SWMBO and I caught one a couple of years ago. Despite both
being massive (childhood) fans, we had to admit, it hadn't aged well
:(

Best left as a memory.

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

I recall Welsh, and the joke being his name was Mr. De'ath

**YES! LOL.

Funny how some things can last for 30 years, beyond my recall of LaPlace
transforms and Fourier analysis.

**So true.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Mark Zacharias August 7th 15 02:34 PM

OT - A sad day ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A disturbance in the force...

mz

Phil Allison[_3_] August 7th 15 03:21 PM

OT - A sad day ...

Trevor Wilson wrote:

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

** Welsh, I believe, Mr De Ath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOhTb4OnRg

See 18 minutes into this U-tube.

Looks like every episode of Minder made is on U-tube.

.... Phil

Trevor Wilson August 7th 15 11:43 PM

OT - A sad day ...

On 7/08/2015 11:21 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

** Welsh, I believe, Mr De Ath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOhTb4OnRg

See 18 minutes into this U-tube.

Looks like every episode of Minder made is on U-tube.

**LOL! Thanks for that.

Arfur: "...bereavement, very dodgy thing to handle. (without a pause and
kicks one tyre) New tyres?"

Brilliant stuff.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

John-Del August 8th 15 04:44 AM

OT - A sad day ...

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 10:42:40 AM UTC-4, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

No one has mentioned his role as young Ebenezer in Scrooge 1951!

Ian Field August 9th 15 10:54 PM

OT - A sad day ...

"John-Del" wrote in message
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 10:42:40 AM UTC-4, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

No one has mentioned his role as young Ebenezer in Scrooge 1951!

He was also in an episode of UFO.

A rather cheesy series about aliens who visit Earth and take people for
organ harvesting.