Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default OT - A sad day ...

George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2015 19:10, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

No, a large scotch! Pints were for the workers.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
MJC MJC is offline

In article ,
says...

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

I think the Winchester closed when the actor playing the much put-upon
proprietor died years ago.

Mike.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

In message , stuart noble
writes
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

Wouldn't a vodka and tonic be more in keeping ?

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
On 06/08/2015 19:10, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

No, a large scotch! Pints were for the workers.

It was a VAT, wasn't it ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 06/08/2015 19:10, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/08/2015 15:10, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A pint down The Winchester is in order I think

No, a large scotch! Pints were for the workers.

Obviously no Minder fans here. It was a large VAT.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back Minder
episodes in tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back Minder episodes in
tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

A Life of Bliss

34 episodes available as Mp3's

https://archive.org/details/ALifeOfBlissBbc

michael adams

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 7/08/2015 6:21 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 01:32:39 +0100, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 7/08/2015 12:10 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

**I think I'll watch a few St Trinians movies this weekend.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

One of the cable channels up here is sure to be showing back to back
Minder episodes in tribute over the weekend ... :-)

Arfa

Although, SWMBO and I caught one a couple of years ago. Despite both
being massive (childhood) fans, we had to admit, it hadn't aged well

Best left as a memory.

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 7/08/2015 8:34 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
[...]

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 7/08/2015 8:42 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 20:35:03 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

[...]

I recall Welsh, and the joke being his name was Mr. De'ath

**YES! LOL.

Funny how some things can last for 30 years, beyond my recall of LaPlace
transforms and Fourier analysis.

**So true.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley, has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

A disturbance in the force...

mz

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Trevor Wilson wrote:

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

** Welsh, I believe, Mr De Ath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOhTb4OnRg

See 18 minutes into this U-tube.

Looks like every episode of Minder made is on U-tube.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 7/08/2015 11:21 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

**I rather liked the one where Arfur purchased some hearses. Said the
funeral director, about the cars: "....silent as an angel's fart."

**A Scottish accent, I recall?

** Welsh, I believe, Mr De Ath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhOhTb4OnRg

See 18 minutes into this U-tube.

Looks like every episode of Minder made is on U-tube.

**LOL! Thanks for that.

Arfur: "...bereavement, very dodgy thing to handle. (without a pause and
kicks one tyre) New tyres?"

Brilliant stuff.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 10:42:40 AM UTC-4, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

No one has mentioned his role as young Ebenezer in Scrooge 1951!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"John-Del" wrote in message
On Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 10:42:40 AM UTC-4, Arfa Daily wrote:
George Cole, brilliant British actor, my hero, and the 'real' Arthur
Daley,
has died.

RIP, old mate ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33803144

Arfa :-(

No one has mentioned his role as young Ebenezer in Scrooge 1951!

He was also in an episode of UFO.

A rather cheesy series about aliens who visit Earth and take people for
organ harvesting.