DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fisher 500-TX schematic? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/38195-fisher-500-tx-schematic.html)

George R. Gonzalez September 1st 03 02:34 PM

Fisher 500-TX schematic?

Have a Fisher 500-TX on the bench. Amazing device, good american
craftsmanship, it jsut needed a few pilot lights replaced, not bad for
something 40 yrs old.

BUT when I replaced the bulbs I musta done something bad, as now the "mute"
and "stereo beacon" lights don't work. I'd trace the wires back to the
driver transistors, but the wires dissappear into a bundle, then go thru a
weird daughterboard, then go back to wires, then disappear thru a hole in
the chassis... you get the idea.

Anybody have a schematic for this nice old receiver?

Thanks,

George

Jeff September 1st 03 10:29 PM

Fisher 500-TX schematic?

"George R. Gonzalez" wrote in message
Have a Fisher 500-TX on the bench. Amazing device, good american
craftsmanship, it jsut needed a few pilot lights replaced, not bad for
something 40 yrs old.

BUT when I replaced the bulbs I musta done something bad, as now the

"mute"
and "stereo beacon" lights don't work. I'd trace the wires back to the
driver transistors, but the wires dissappear into a bundle, then go thru a
weird daughterboard, then go back to wires, then disappear thru a hole in
the chassis... you get the idea.

Anybody have a schematic for this nice old receiver?

Thanks,

George

I kind of remember a capacitor problem on an old
Fisher that had preset tunning adjustments on the
front panel (PCB like you describe) changed all
on that PCB to fix. Do not remember models.
Some of the old units used lower current lamps
(35mA or less) for indicators. 70mA was to much.
Could also use IC for ST ind.drive and some were
connected thru the PWR supply to set a voltage.
Jeff