DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharp TV help needed. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/38072-sharp-tv-help-needed.html)

IanDunbar August 26th 03 03:24 PM

Sharp TV help needed.

Hi group,

I have a Sharp 37 AT-25H portable tv, my son has changed all the channels,
and then set the lock with a pin number, (bless him ;o). He can't remember
the number he used, I've tried a few numbers, 0000 - 9999 etc., hoping that
he just kept pressing a single number, but no.

I can't really afford to have it serviced just to unlock it, I have tinkered
with electronics in the past, so de-soldering something (for example) would
not be a problem.

I have had a quick look inside hoping to find a battery backup or solder
pads to clear the memory, but no joy.

I would greatly appreciate any help offered in sorting the problem.

--
Regards

Ian

If Bill Gates had a penny for every time a
Windows box crashed.................
oh, wait. He does.

IanDunbar August 26th 03 07:18 PM

Sharp TV help needed.

"IanDunbar" wrote in message
Hi group,

I have a Sharp 37 AT-25H portable tv, my son has changed all the channels,
and then set the lock with a pin number, (bless him ;o). He can't

remember
the number he used, I've tried a few numbers, 0000 - 9999 etc., hoping

that
he just kept pressing a single number, but no.

I can't really afford to have it serviced just to unlock it, I have

tinkered
with electronics in the past, so de-soldering something (for example)

would
not be a problem.

I have had a quick look inside hoping to find a battery backup or solder
pads to clear the memory, but no joy.

I would greatly appreciate any help offered in sorting the problem.

Hi again,

I have just tried a fix for another sharp tv and it worked.

If anyone's interested - found on www.e-repair.co.uk

Procedure to release child lock
To release child lock press and hold volume down button on tv, then press
child lock button ten times followed by the blue mode key then release the
volume key.

Cheers

Ian