Hotspur

Default UK source for JVC VCR spares?

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:50:20 +0000 (UTC), "Dave D"
wrote:

I'm trying to find a source in the UK for a lower drum assy. for a JVC
HR-S7600 SVHS VCR. I am not trade so it needs to be a company who will sell
to the public. I am also willing to buy a used part if anyone has one. I
have Googled but finding a UK supplier for this part has proved fruitless.
The fault is physical damage to the ribbon cable which connects the ferrite
head transformer to the main board. Against the odds, I managed to patch the
4 broken traces with fine wire, but I don't expect it to last. I would also
be interested if anyone can give me a ballpark price for the item. The drum
assy is the inverted type and contains only the shaft and ferrite coupling
coils, not the motor which is on the top, so I'm hoping it'll be a little
cheaper than conventional ones :-)

If anyone can help out I'd be most grateful.

Dave

CPC at Preston,Faraday drive I believe.I have an account there but
they will sell to the public. 01772-654455.If no luck cheaper firms
are listed in our trade mag"Television" sold to the public with lots
of suppliers in it some a lot cheaper than CPC.Buy the mag,any problem
get back .
Dave D

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that, I'll check them out.