David

Default Proscan Vertical Hold

There is no vertical hold adjustment at all, even in service menu.
Time to have the failure fixed, which probably will mean calling on an
experienced technician that can properly troubleshoot and repair the
failure.

David

Michael Spencer wrote in message
Hi,

remember when you could stick an insulated screw driver in the back of
a TV to adjust the vertical hold ?

My Proscan 37 needs this adjustment but I don't have a clue if any of
the openings in the back of the set are what I am looking for, or if I
need to address the service menu with the remote (don't know the
keystrokes, anyway) or what.

It's actually just a vertical roll on a set that is a few years old.
There has to be a simple way to fix this?

Anyone?

Michael Spencer

Dave D

"Michael Spencer" wrote in message
Hi,

remember when you could stick an insulated screw driver in the back of
a TV to adjust the vertical hold ?

My Proscan 37 needs this adjustment but I don't have a clue if any of
the openings in the back of the set are what I am looking for, or if I
need to address the service menu with the remote (don't know the
keystrokes, anyway) or what.

It's actually just a vertical roll on a set that is a few years old.
There has to be a simple way to fix this?

Anyone?

Michael Spencer

Televisions have progressed a long way since old vertical oscillators which
required tweaking every so often. Vertical roll these days is indicative of
a fault, and your set must be repaired. This is a relatively simple repair
usually, and shouldn't cost too much. The culprit is likely ageing caps or
dry joints, any experienced tech should be able to sort it out for you.

Dave