Xavier van Unen

Default Crown 1400SCL output transistors?

Hi Guys,
I've got a Crown 1400CSL amplifier on the work bench. Crown has decided to
give the TO-3 output transistors their own proprietry markings. I'm
guestimating that the Motorola/On MJ15024/MJ15025 will probably work here,
but it would be good to hear this from someone in the know. Anybody?

TIA
Xavier van Unen.
www.XtendRepair.nl

Asimov

"Xavier van Unen" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Aug 03 12:30:12)
--- on the topic of "Crown 1400SCL output transistors?"

I read here a previous reply that the MJ15024/25 are suitable for higher
voltages while the MJ15015/16 for 120V & less. There was also a mention
of the bw of higher speed devices causing oscillation in rare cases.

XvU From: "Xavier van Unen"

XvU Hi Guys,
XvU I've got a Crown 1400CSL amplifier on the work bench. Crown has
XvU decided to give the TO-3 output transistors their own proprietry
XvU markings. I'm guestimating that the Motorola/On MJ15024/MJ15025 will
XvU probably work here, but it would be good to hear this from someone in
XvU the know. Anybody?
XvU TIA
XvU Xavier van Unen.
XvU www.XtendRepair.nl

.... Letterman of Borg - "Ok, Top 10 reasons why resistance is futile:"