Jesper

Default Ergoscan 17c Monitor problem

Hello,

I posted here a few days ago, but got no reply. Hopefully it's just
because the person(s) who has an easy solution to my problems just
missed the post :-)

So I'll try one more time:

My 17" ErgoScan pnp monitor worked just fine until a few days ago.
Suddenly when I turned it on one morning, there was a high-pitched
noise and a lot of distorsion (as if somethings not properly
connected). When it's turned off and on again, the pictures is fuzzy
with horizontal white lines for a few seconds, then it fades and
becomes blueish with the above mentioned lines (2-3 cm in between).
I've opened it up, but there's no visible burnout or anything loose.
Knocking on the sides doesn't change anything, so it's probably not
because of a bad connection somewhere.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

/ Jesper
Jerry G.

Your problem is much deeper than just simple voltages from the suppy or
similar. There are many factors concerning pulse drives, scan drives,
HV regulation, biases to the CRT, and the performance of the scan
circuits that mainly come in to effect for the overall performance. This
is not to mention the video signal paths, and the control circuits for
the systems.

Start by verifying for the proper supply voltages to the CRT bias
circuits. Check if the CRT screen volts is in specs, and if the HV is
also in specs. You will require an HV probe to test the HV. There are
many things that can display this type of effect on a monitor.

I would suggest, if you are not experienced in TV and monitor service,
to give the unit to a service centre that has trained technical staff
with the proper test facilities to diagnose this type of fault. It can
get very involved.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG