Uwe Klingauf

Default Panasonic VCR NV-J40 sound problem

In playback mode, the sound of my Panasonic VCR is very weak and overlayed
by a strong 50 Hz noise. The problem developed more and more during the
last months. I cleaned the audio heads and checked their positions, but
that didn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Uwe
Nigel

If you're certain that the symptoms have no external cause, then the best
bet - as with all Panasonic machines of this vintage - is to check/replace
the electrolytics in the PSU. If you have an oscilloscope, look for ripple
on the supply rails.

Until you've eliminated the PSU, then looking elsewhere may be
counterproductive.

. ..