David Longley

Default Nakamichi MB4-S - 7 Disc Music Bank System - Load Mechanism Fault

I have a Nakamichi MB4-S 7 CD Changer which I'm having problems
reassembling.

I opened it up to clean the lens, and when I accidentally inverted the
unit, a horizontal metal bar inside the changer unit came loose.
Symptoms now are ERR a few secs after power on. I can't see what this
horizontal bar is supposed to be doing and how it fits exactly. I assume
it has something to do with selecting one of the 7 plastic trays - as at
present, the tray load and eject isn't working without it in place.

The bar has a V shape notch in one end and the other end looks something
like the tail of a J - along. The horizontal (ie between the two side
pieces described above, it must be about 4" long and .25" wide.

I can force the unit to eject the tray but not return it.

Can someone please advise where the central bar should go?

I think it's the same mechanism as used on the CD ROM changers at that
time.

--
David Longley