Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP OfficeJet 7000 service manual?

Where can I get this?

Does the service manual for the 7000 cover other models?

I have no issues right now just like to have service docs for all my
equipment...

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 09:52:30 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Where can I get this?
Does the service manual for the 7000 cover other models?

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01785846.pdf
30 seconds using Google web search. Try seaching before posting.

I have no issues right now just like to have service docs for all my
equipment...

In general, low end HP inkjet printers are not designed or built to be
repaired. The manual even says "No user serviceable parts inside".
Common wear parts are either not available, or sold as sub-assemblies
for more than the printer is worth. Your best bet are cloned or
salvaged parts on eBay. Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01785846.pdf
30 seconds using Google web search. Try seaching before posting.

"O
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01785846.pdf
30 seconds using Google web search. Try seaching before posting.

"O
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"OfficeJet 7000 User Guide"

With respect Jeff, don't be so quick to presume one hasn't searched.

HP never publish publicly on their sites service manuals, that I've seen. Not
for consumer goods.

Still searching...

In general, low end HP inkjet printers are not designed or built to be
repaired. The manual even says "No user serviceable parts inside".
Common wear parts are either not available, or sold as sub-assemblies
for more than the printer is worth. Your best bet are cloned or
salvaged parts on eBay.

Parts sources can be found. I'm interested in the manual for service
information, ie, disassembly, adjustment, etc.
- - -
(apologies for previous attempts. borked content...)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 09:52:30 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Where can I get this?
Does the service manual for the 7000 cover other models?

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01785846.pdf
30 seconds using Google web search. Try seaching before posting.

I have no issues right now just like to have service docs for all my
equipment...

In general, low end HP inkjet printers are not designed or built to be
repaired. The manual even says "No user serviceable parts inside".
Common wear parts are either not available, or sold as sub-assemblies
for more than the printer is worth. Your best bet are cloned or
salvaged parts on eBay. Good luck.

I think this is about a $ 400 printer and not one of the $ 100 or less
units. While $ 400 may be low end to some, I would think it may be worth
repairing if done by the owner. Many manuals say "no user servicable parts
inside". I guess that they are mainly referring to a fuse that can be
replaced by someone that has almost no knolege on how to repair things.
While most users are not equiped to service devices, some are if they have
the correct manuals and can obtain the needed parts.

I will agree if the printer is in the $ 100 or less class they are hardly
worth the time and effort to repair. The ink that comes with a new printer
is almost worth the cost of a low end printer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The ink that comes with a new printer
is almost worth the cost of a low end printer.

Note that the ink (and toner) cartridges that come with new printers are
"starter" cartridges, barely filled enough for a few tens of printouts. Not
equal to replacement off-the-shelf cartridges.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:18:51 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 09:52:30 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Where can I get this?
Does the service manual for the 7000 cover other models?

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01785846.pdf
30 seconds using Google web search. Try seaching before posting.

I have no issues right now just like to have service docs for all my
equipment...

In general, low end HP inkjet printers are not designed or built to be
repaired. The manual even says "No user serviceable parts inside".

I don't know about HP, but places like Black and Decker exaggerate that.
I found a B&D "air pump" that plugs into a car and it said "No user..."
so I drilled out the rivets on the cigarette lighter plug, replaced the
fuse and it works fine 10 years later.

I know you've done things like that.

Common wear parts are either not available, or sold as sub-assemblies
for more than the printer is worth. Your best bet are cloned or
salvaged parts on eBay. Good luck.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:14:59 -0800, DaveC wrote:

"OfficeJet 7000 User Guide"

See the "troubleshooting" section for minimalist service information.
Decoding the error lights and reset procedures are a good start.

With respect Jeff, don't be so quick to presume one hasn't searched.

Ok. I'll be nice.

HP never publish publicly on their sites service manuals, that I've seen. Not
for consumer goods.

I usually find what I need on other sites. I have a fair collection
of HP manual scans and PDF's mostly collected by others. HP is not
the only source for information on HP printers. For example:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/manuals/public/hp
However, if you look through the listings, you'll probably notice that
there are many more laser printers listed than inkjet printers.

Diversion: If you're doing toner cart refills, here's some more
non-HP information:
http://www.uni-kit.com/pdf/tonerrefillinstructions.pdf

Parts sources can be found.

Sure, at prices that make repairs unprofitable. I find myself buying
broken printers and using the parts to fix other printers. On most
contract work, used parts are not allowed, thus justifying totalling
the printer and ordering a new replacement. I recently had to recycle
a decent inkjet printer because I could not purchase a new waste ink
foam or felt pad. I could have made one in a few minutes from some
material on hand, but that was not allowed.

I'm interested in the manual for service
information, ie, disassembly, adjustment, etc.

The best disassembly instructions can be found on YouTube from various
repair people that have generously spent the time to document their
experience. I make it a habit of checking these disassembly and
repair videos before blundering forward. There are also web sites
with good info. For example, I'm now dealing with an HP2600n color
laser printer and found teardown instructions online at:
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2008/epic-take-apart-hp-color-laserjet-2600n/
Although iFixit doesn't have many printer teardowns, I think it's just
a matter of time before the collection improves:
https://www.ifixit.com/Device/HP_Printer

Adjustment is another matter. The factory no doubt had their own
ideas on how this should be done. Without the documentation,
blundering my way through this exercise is prone to inevitable
failure. When this happens, I usually search or post a question to
the HP printer support forums:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/supportforums.html
If it's a common procedure or adjustment, I usually get an accurate
answer. If that fails, it's:
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com

I hope this helps.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:37:51 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

I think this is about a $ 400 printer and not one of the $ 100 or less
units. While $ 400 may be low end to some, I would think it may be worth
repairing if done by the owner.

Googling for prices finds that this was a $1200 list price printer,
that's still selling new for $1000 and refurbished for about $500. I
agree that it might be worth repairing.

Many manuals say "no user servicable parts
inside". I guess that they are mainly referring to a fuse that can be
replaced by someone that has almost no knolege on how to repair things.

That's part of it. Todays user manuals are really wholesale
repudiation of responsibility and liability documents. Some user
manuals have more legalese than user or technical information. There's
also the "you didn't warn me" section, where improbable stupidity is
neatly documented should some user injure themselves and then claim
that the manufacturer is responsible because they were not warned of
the danger.

While most users are not equiped to service devices, some are if they have
the correct manuals and can obtain the needed parts.

Long ago, I designed consumer products. In one case, the service
documentation was delayed about a year due to lack of adequate
staffing and time. During that year, we had few difficulties with
warranty returns and field failures. As soon as the manuals were made
available, the broken products began to arrive by the truckload. Most
had obviously been damaged by either the customer or the company's
authorized dealers. Management was tempted to "accidentally" delay
future service manuals.

I will agree if the printer is in the $ 100 or less class they are hardly
worth the time and effort to repair. The ink that comes with a new printer
is almost worth the cost of a low end printer.

Yep. It's worth even more if the cartridge includes a refill
protection chip. Extra credit to HP inventing a print cartridge
expiration system:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01764161

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:40:59 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

I'm interested in the manual for service
information, ie, disassembly, adjustment, etc.

OfficeJet 7000 disassembly:
http://almoselhy.azurewebsites.net/2013/08/hp-officejet-7000-wide-format-e809a-disassembly/

Continuous ink supply for HP OfficeJet 7000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdAlN7xTC9g

HP OfficeJet 7000 printhead cleaning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiYps_CvZTI

Mo
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hp+officejet+7000

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks Jeff for your several very informative posts. Much information there
to help me maintain my 7000.

Best,
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 18:25:52 -0500, micky
wrote:

I don't know about HP, but places like Black and Decker exaggerate that.

Worse. I bought a cheap ($25) Black and Decker right angle grinder
for a project:
http://www.blackanddecker.com/power-tools/7750.aspx
It actually worked quite well until we used it to do some heavy duty
grinding which cracked both brushes. When I tried to order
replacement brushes from a B&D service shop, they told me that brushes
were not available. I could get them custom made from a brush vendor,
but not from B&D. When I later complained, the service ship operator
told me that B&D made the brushes extra large so that they would not
be expected to wear out during the expected life of the angle grinder.
The cracked brushes were deemed evidence of abuse. That makes sense
since the brush holder were made of plastic instead of brass and
molded as part of the case. Any overheating guaranteed a misaligned
brush, which would then crack. A deformed plastic brush holder is
probably why the brushes are not user replaceable.

However, since this grinder was better than the Harbor Freight
equivalent, and about 1/4th the price of a real grinder, I just bought
a replacement, and destroyed it in an identical manner. I'm now on my
3rd or maybe 4th B&D grinder and highly recommend it for anyone that
wants a grinder that will last for exactly one job.

I do a 3m C band dish antenna replacement starting on Thursday, where
an angle grinder will surely be needed. I think I'll bring two of
them this time.

Incidentally, Black & Decker owns DeWalt and Porter-Cable.

I found a B&D "air pump" that plugs into a car and it said "No user..."
so I drilled out the rivets on the cigarette lighter plug, replaced the
fuse and it works fine 10 years later.

I know you've done things like that.

I probably have, but I'll never admit it.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

From my understanding B&D was a quality tool at one time, but years ago
they seem to become junk quality. I had a cordless drill and jig saw from
them and the quality was not very good. Jig saw burnt out the first time I
used it. Think I smoked the brushes. I returned it for a replacemant and
got a Skill jigsaw. It did the job for me the B&D could not do.
I think DE Walt came out to be a decent quality tool.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 12:46:25 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

From my understanding B&D was a quality tool at one time, but years ago
they seem to become junk quality. I had a cordless drill and jig saw from
them and the quality was not very good. Jig saw burnt out the first time I
used it. Think I smoked the brushes. I returned it for a replacemant and
got a Skill jigsaw. It did the job for me the B&D could not do.
I think DE Walt came out to be a decent quality tool.

The only related story I have is about my '95 Chrysler LeBaron
convertible. or maybe the '88 or '84. The car was over 14 years
old and often I would have to smack the top motor/pump with a wrench to
make the top go up or down. (I was lucky to think of hitting it. I
probably learned that from watching people on pinball machines or maybe
old movies where they always hit something that doesn't work.)

Anyhow, this worked for almost a year, and I put the top up and down a
lot, each day, often two or three times in a day ** But I had to hit
the motor more and more times towards the end. I started by hittting
it twice, but was up to 10 or 20 times and figured I'd better do
something before I coudlnt' get the top up at all.

I had fiigured out that the brushes were worn out, too short. A real
hardware store nearby sold brushes the right size, so I took the
motor/pump out and apart and then I noticed the copper braid on the new
brushes was about 1/4 the cross-section of the original brushes.

Called Chrysler and Electric Motor Repair and maybe I coudl have gotten
brushes at the second, but I came up with the idea of wadding up some
heavy duty aluminum foil and sticking a little ball in the bottom of
each brush holder. Worked just fine for at least two years until the
car overheated and was ruined.

** (even though I'll leave it down while I'm shopping or while I'm home
if I have to go out again, but it used to rain a lot here.)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"micky" wrote in message
The only related story I have is about my '95 Chrysler LeBaron
convertible. or maybe the '88 or '84. The car was over 14 years
old and often I would have to smack the top motor/pump with a wrench to
make the top go up or down. (I was lucky to think of hitting it. I
probably learned that from watching people on pinball machines or maybe
old movies where they always hit something that doesn't work.)

Anyhow, this worked for almost a year, and I put the top up and down a
lot, each day, often two or three times in a day ** But I had to hit
the motor more and more times towards the end. I started by hittting
it twice, but was up to 10 or 20 times and figured I'd better do
something before I coudlnt' get the top up at all.

Hitting something is always the first choice in a repair job. (grin).

Knowing where and how to hit is where the money is. At work there are lots
of small motors with brushes and sometimes the carbon will build up jamming
the brush and the spring can not push the brush down as it wears out.
Sometimes a good hit will keep the motor running long enough to last to the
next planned shutdown.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:31:45 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
The only related story I have is about my '95 Chrysler LeBaron
convertible. or maybe the '88 or '84. The car was over 14 years
old and often I would have to smack the top motor/pump with a wrench to
make the top go up or down. (I was lucky to think of hitting it. I
probably learned that from watching people on pinball machines or maybe
old movies where they always hit something that doesn't work.)

Anyhow, this worked for almost a year, and I put the top up and down a
lot, each day, often two or three times in a day ** But I had to hit
the motor more and more times towards the end. I started by hittting
it twice, but was up to 10 or 20 times and figured I'd better do
something before I coudlnt' get the top up at all.

Hitting something is always the first choice in a repair job. (grin).

LOL

Knowing where and how to hit is where the money is. At work there are lots
of small motors with brushes and sometimes the carbon will build up jamming
the brush and the spring can not push the brush down as it wears out.
Sometimes a good hit will keep the motor running long enough to last to the
next planned shutdown.

Good to hear about this.

To elaborate: Actually any carbon dust had falled away and my brushes
weren't hung up on anything, except maybe the usual friction of a smooth
piece of metal against a smooth brush. But they were just so short,
the spring wasn't long enough to really push them against the
commutator. I think when I hit the motor, towards the end they just
landed almost at random, and sometimes both were touching the
commutator. I might have stretched the spring out more,
and that probably would have worked too, but the spring wire was so
thin, instead I used the ball of foil push the spring up 1/2" closer to
the armature, to make up for the last half inch of brush that had worn
away. That seemed better.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 2:18:44 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

'
that's a user guide not a service manual you dumb ****. try knowing anything about what you're talking about before posting... prick.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 6 May 2016 06:39:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 2:18:44 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 09:52:30 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Where can I get this?
Does the service manual for the 7000 cover other models?

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01785846.pdf
30 seconds using Google web search. Try seaching before posting.

I have no issues right now just like to have service docs for all my
equipment...

In general, low end HP inkjet printers are not designed or built to be
repaired. The manual even says "No user serviceable parts inside".
Common wear parts are either not available, or sold as sub-assemblies
for more than the printer is worth. Your best bet are cloned or
salvaged parts on eBay. Good luck.

that's a user guide not a service manual you dumb ****. try knowing
anything about what you're talking about before posting... prick.

You're welcome. You might want to skim the table of contents for
Chapter 4 "Maintain and Troubleshoot" which includes quite a bit on
how to deal with the usual error messages and ink/mechanical problems.
However, if you're expecting a schematic or part numbers for
individually replaceable parts, you obviously haven't tried to fix any
recent HP products. In the likely case that this does not produce
instant enlightenment, please re-read what I posted about "no user
serviceable parts inside" in my reply which you conveniently quoted.