DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amplifier (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37775-amplifier.html)

Arvid Puschnig August 11th 03 10:50 PM

Amplifier

Hi!

I got an old SONY amplifier where the right channel seems to be
defective. When I turn the balance to the right speaker, the volume
gets lower and low frequencies are missing completely. I am really not
sure, where I should start searching for the error. First I tried
another pair of speakers, but this was not the cause. Can anyone tell
me where I should start searching for the error? Can anyone tell me
what the integrated preamp (I found this on the schematics) is good
for?

Thank you,
arvid puschnig

Tweetldee August 12th 03 12:58 AM

Amplifier

"Arvid Puschnig" wrote in message
t...
Hi!

I got an old SONY amplifier where the right channel seems to be
defective. When I turn the balance to the right speaker, the volume
gets lower and low frequencies are missing completely. I am really not
sure, where I should start searching for the error. First I tried
another pair of speakers, but this was not the cause. Can anyone tell
me where I should start searching for the error? Can anyone tell me
what the integrated preamp (I found this on the schematics) is good
for?

Thank you,
arvid puschnig

First, tell us how much you know about electronics and troubleshooting
electronic circuits. If the answer to both questions is "nothing" or "very
little", then the best course of action for you, to minimize the repair
expense, is to take the unit to a repair shop and have them look it over.
If you have no electronics training or experience, then you risk causing
much more damage than the amp already has.

To get a more direct response, you should always post the make and model
number of any equipment or component for which you're seeking information or
help.
Cheers!!!
--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.

Arvid Puschnig August 12th 03 01:54 AM

Amplifier

"Tweetldee" wrote:

First, tell us how much you know about electronics and

troubleshooting
electronic circuits.

I got an education in communication electronics where I got the basics
in electronic.
Most of the the time we worked on microcontrollers. Unfortunately I
just got a little theory in analog devices, like audio amps, so I would
be very pleased if someone could give me some hints.

If the answer to both questions is "nothing" or "very
little", then the best course of action for you, to minimize the

repair
expense, is to take the unit to a repair shop and have them look it

over.
If you have no electronics training or experience, then you risk

causing
much more damage than the amp already has.

I think I can do it with a little guiding...

To get a more direct response, you should always post the make and

model
number of any equipment or component for which you're seeking

information or
help.

It's the SONY TA-AV501R.
Perhaps I can put the schematics of the power board on an ftp-site if
this would help.

Cheers!!!

Cheers,too!
arvid