anthonyl@shawmut

Default Sony TV switches off by itself

I have a 1992 sony KV27TS27 tv.
When I switch tv on it quickly switches off
by itself. If i keep switching off and on it eventually
comes on and then abruptly switches off again.
After some playing around it will stay on for however long
I watch TV.
I have looked on these posts and got some info from other sources
saying that the powerboard is gone. Unfortunally powerboards
are hard to find and are expensive, from what I have been told.

I have no experience with tv repair, at all, but would like to
give fixing this problem a try.

I have already purchased a new Sony, KV27FV310.
So any info would be appreciated.
Sofie

anothonyl:
Based on the complexity of the circuitry and (unless I am wrong) your
apparent lack of electronics knowledge, repair experience, proper test
equipment, tools and replacement parts...... you are not going to have much
success trying to repair this yourself.
The inside of a television is a dangerous place for a novice..... there are
lethal and dangerous electrical shock hazards inside your television... note
that these hazards may still be present even when the television is turned
off and unplugged.
Do not keep trying to use the television with this problem..... if you keep
trying to turn it on MORE damage can result and the repair price will
certainly be higher. An experienced and knowledgeable technician with the
proper test equipment, tools and replacement parts will actually have to
open up the television and perform some testing and troubleshooting to be
able to provide you some answers.
At the very least take it to a service shop for a repair cost estimate so
you can make an intelligent repair decision based on facts instead of
internet guesses.
BTW: To keep repair costs down, most good shops will not just replace
expensive boards but will replace the faulty parts on the board.... also
there may be more wrong (elsewhere) than just the "power board."
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"anthonyl@shawmut" wrote in message
I have a 1992 sony KV27TS27 tv.
When I switch tv on it quickly switches off
by itself. If i keep switching off and on it eventually
comes on and then abruptly switches off again.
After some playing around it will stay on for however long
I watch TV.
I have looked on these posts and got some info from other sources
saying that the powerboard is gone. Unfortunally powerboards
are hard to find and are expensive, from what I have been told.

I have no experience with tv repair, at all, but would like to
give fixing this problem a try.

I have already purchased a new Sony, KV27FV310.
So any info would be appreciated.

Eric

you see Daniel

This is were TV repair companies have got themselves in the **** on their
repair bill to their customer they continue to use the word "labor" so
customers think that their labor is cheaper and therefore better. as you
pointed out their is just more then labor that goes into a TV repair.

"Sofie" wrote in message
[...]
: --
: Best Regards,
: Daniel Sofie
: Electronics Supply & Repair
: --------------------------------
:
:
: "anthonyl@shawmut" wrote in message
: I have a 1992 sony KV27TS27 tv.
: When I switch tv on it quickly switches off
: by itself. If i keep switching off and on it eventually
: comes on and then abruptly switches off again.
: After some playing around it will stay on for however long
: I watch TV.
: I have looked on these posts and got some info from other sources
: saying that the powerboard is gone. Unfortunally powerboards
: are hard to find and are expensive, from what I have been told.
:
: I have no experience with tv repair, at all, but would like to
: give fixing this problem a try.
:
: I have already purchased a new Sony, KV27FV310.
: So any info would be appreciated.
:
:

anthonyl@shawmut

Thanks Daniel for your response. Sorry It took so long to reply back.
Is it possible for you , or anyone else, to know of any reputable
Sony repair shops in the Boston Ma. area.
Thanks