Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default GE 387NX198 SCR Datasheet

Google comes up empty.

This is a hockey puck SCR. Based on its performance, it is also
unusually fast for a garden variety SCR. The closest I can find is for
the C387 series found in a 1977 GE datasheet, which is similar and fast
and may be its predecessor, but doesn't go up to anywhere close to the
voltage I've been using it at (!!) without problems.

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
The closest I can find is for the C387 series found in a 1977 GE
datasheet, which is similar and fast and may be its predecessor, but
doesn't go up to anywhere close to the voltage I've been using it at
(!!) without problems.

Is this the data sheet you found?
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/dl/S...s-00102816.pdf
The charts at the top say 120 to 550 A, depending on the frequency, 2 uS
typical turn-on, 30 to 40 uS typical turn-off. The "N" in the part
number implies that it's an 800 V part. The flange on the top is 2.2"
diameter. It also talks about a "new high-frequency rating" for
rectangular pulses, but that seems to have more to do with current
and pulse shape, than voltage.

Some other sources say that the GE designation for the above data sheet
was "specification sheet 170.44".

Google Books has a few different versions of the GE SCR manual, but
they won't show the scans. I found a scan at (slightly munged)
www dot introni dot it /pdf/GE%20-%20SCR%20manual%201972 dot pdf
, but all it has on the C387 is a similar overview sheet to the two
documents above.

Matt Roberds

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
The closest I can find is for the C387 series found in a 1977 GE
datasheet, which is similar and fast and may be its predecessor, but
doesn't go up to anywhere close to the voltage I've been using it at
(!!) without problems.

Is this the data sheet you found?
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/dl/S...s-00102816.pdf
The charts at the top say 120 to 550 A, depending on the frequency, 2 uS
typical turn-on, 30 to 40 uS typical turn-off. The "N" in the part
number implies that it's an 800 V part. The flange on the top is 2.2"
diameter. It also talks about a "new high-frequency rating" for
rectangular pulses, but that seems to have more to do with current
and pulse shape, than voltage.

Yes, I beleive that's the one I found. I suppose it's possible this
unit that part and they simply labeled a much better part "N" to satisfy
a specific order.

Thanks for checking!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Some other sources say that the GE designation for the above data sheet
was "specification sheet 170.44".

Google Books has a few different versions of the GE SCR manual, but
they won't show the scans. I found a scan at (slightly munged)
www dot introni dot it /pdf/GE%20-%20SCR%20manual%201972 dot pdf
, but all it has on the C387 is a similar overview sheet to the two
documents above.

Matt Roberds

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

What is the application ? Part numbers do not matter as much anymore except for ordering. If you can figure out what gate voltage/current triggers it and the voltage, current and speed ratings you can plug all that into a selector guide like on Digikey, or I've heard Mouser has that as ell, and probably a few other places.

====Search for daTASHEET pioneer vsx 804 datasheet who can help me===== canyon Electronics Repair 0 July 6th 07 04:58 PM
need datasheet yhan Electronics Repair 0 June 4th 07 09:49 AM
DATASHEET Caronte Electronics Repair 2 October 18th 05 12:09 AM
Datasheet Thias Russell Electronics Repair 0 November 8th 03 06:04 PM
IC datasheet Semi Head Electronics Repair 1 September 10th 03 06:53 PM