george stringe

Default mitsubishi power supply source

Thanks Dave, my inquiry was because the set belongs to a relative and
is actually 1500 miles away. I have never worked on this particular
model and am completely unfamiliar with it. He was quoted $600 to
replace the power supply so you info helps in that it appears
component repairable rather than box replacement.
thanks again.
george

"David" wrote in message ...
Troubleshoot and repair to the component level.
It is a pretty straightforward simple design to fix.

Given the vintage of the Mitz set, you will/should ESR check every critical
electrolytic capacitor in the set and replace all the weak/bad ones, as well
as a full visual and heat test.

David

george stringe wrote in message
om...
Looking for source for power supply for mitsubishi CS40805

many thanks

David

In most areas of the US $600 for a proper and complete capacitor rebuild on
that set is not out of line if it was an in home repair.

Typically $300 to $400 if he can take the set into the servicer for a
complete check and repair. I usually find between 30 and 100 bad capacitors
in Mitz sets from that vintage. Most are borderline but would fail within
another year or two.