DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA F36450 aka ATC113 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37624-rca-f36450-aka-atc113.html)

Gurkle August 6th 03 03:57 AM

RCA F36450 aka ATC113

Have an RCA F36450 tv set. ATC113 chassis. Not 1 year old yet. I
bought it at an auction "as-is" dead. Pulled the back off and found
shorted hout. Checked for bad solder/cracks around h driver xformer
etc. Found none, but resoldered many connections anyway. Replaced the
hout with original RCA part. Set runs with a great picture for
anywhere from 20 - 40 minutes. Then set starts to make ticking sound
somewhere. Pic looks fine. Ticking freq increases, and gets to a
point where pic starts to break up into horizontal garbage. If it
stays this way for 1 second too long, hout xistor shorts. B+ stays at
a steady 138 volts continuously. Have gone through 2 cans of freeze
spray. Seems there are numerous components (including the hout, an 8
regulator, a .0015 cap etc) that when sprayed, the ticking stops.
Have replaced these parts to no avail (I know- shots in the dark)
Also have replaced the flyback with no change. Yesterday, once the
ticking started, I sprayed what I think is the video processor Ic
with freeze spray and the ticking stopped AND the set went dead. I
allowed it to sit for 15 mins or so, and then set came on with good
video and a very fast tick/squeal for about 2 seconds, then died
again, this time taking out hout. Have resoldered many many
connections. Also have tried flexing the board in different spots. No
change. This set has a mind of its own. I see some noise in the
signal at the base of the hout, but not sure of its origin. (or is it
there because of load prob in hout being reflected backwards??)
Again, the pic looks fine so I dont suspect the yoke or crt (unless
some wierd intermittent thing). Any help HIGHLY appreciated, as this
set is driving me to start drinking again !! 8-P Mike

John Del August 6th 03 01:08 PM

RCA F36450 aka ATC113

Subject: RCA F36450 aka ATC113
From: (Gurkle)
Date: 8/5/03 10:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time
[...]

Change the jungle IC and the crystal.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)

Jason D. August 7th 03 06:11 AM

RCA F36450 aka ATC113

From:
(Gurkle)
Date: 8/5/03 10:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Have an RCA F36450 tv set. ATC113 chassis. Not 1 year old yet. I
bought it at an auction "as-is" dead. Pulled the back off and found

Snip

Again, the pic looks fine so I dont suspect the yoke or crt (unless
some wierd intermittent thing). Any help HIGHLY appreciated, as this
set is driving me to start drinking again !! 8-P Mike

Change the jungle IC and the crystal.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

Del, Certain? This ATC113 chassis is digital and been like this way
since CTC17x. jungle is programmable so it doesn't use external
components to set an H-freq, it's stored in eeprom. Replace flyback
bec the pix is breaking up bec of radiated noise and audible noise
(arcing) on internal G2 and stressing HOT to destruction. Also check
that G2 cap for intemittent break down. New flyback for this one is
not that expensive and worth fixing.

Can see that noisy power with scope on G2 if you get ticking noise.

Cheers,

Wizard

John Del August 8th 03 12:42 AM

RCA F36450 aka ATC113

From: (Jason D.)
Date: 8/7/03 1:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Del, Certain? This ATC113 chassis is digital and been like this way
since CTC17x. jungle is programmable so it doesn't use external
components to set an H-freq, it's stored in eeprom.

Certain?, only about death and taxes. You're right, the reply I gave was sort
of generic. It should have just read to replace the jungle. After that, he'll
need to look around the jungle for a bad component. I'll bet almost anything
though that the flyback isn't the problem.

John

Jason D. August 8th 03 02:09 AM

RCA F36450 aka ATC113

From:
(Jason D.)
Date: 8/7/03 1:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Del, Certain? This ATC113 chassis is digital and been like this way
since CTC17x. jungle is programmable so it doesn't use external
components to set an H-freq, it's stored in eeprom.

Certain?, only about death and taxes. You're right, the reply I gave was sort
of generic. It should have just read to replace the jungle. After that, he'll
need to look around the jungle for a bad component. I'll bet almost anything
though that the flyback isn't the problem.

John

Yeah, jungle IC might be bad, but also check that regulator for this
ic is still good. Scope is required to confirm which is making noisy
signal when ticking occurs. Look at G2, heater with scope. This's
great way to watch the noises when ticking noise happens

Oh, double check that L14401 has good solder joints. This how this
kills the HOT also by feeding it with bad food. Bam!

Jungle IC in RCA sets in general is rarely bad.

Cheers,

Wizard

Gurkle August 13th 03 06:12 PM

RCA F36450 aka ATC113

Thanks guys for your help. Have already replaced the flyback with no
change. Waiting for the jungle ic to get here. Got my fingers
crossed.

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 05:11:50 GMT, (Jason D.) wrote:

On 06 Aug 2003 12:08:41 GMT,

From:
(Gurkle)