DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Video camera is zooming out automatically ! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37617-video-camera-zooming-out-automatically.html)

N. Craig August 6th 03 01:49 AM

Video camera is zooming out automatically !

Hello,

Can anybody help me with this problem ? I've got a Sony Digital video
camera (TRV120) that is zooming out as soon as I release the zoom
button (after a zoom in).

This is a headache ! Does anybody know what causes this problem ? Is
that a common problem...and how much will it cost to repair.

I need to know please because it will be used for my own wedding in
France in 3 weeks !

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

NC

Eric Kotz August 6th 03 05:32 AM

Video camera is zooming out automatically !

If I were to guess, I'd start with the obvious-that the zoom switch is bad.
Most likely you can check it with a meter.
Be careful-do you really want to get into a camcorder. These camcorders
have many small parts, and are not the thing to begin repairing electronics
on. You can relatively easily turn your camera into a paperweight.

Eric Kotz

om...

N. Craig August 7th 03 06:34 PM

Video camera is zooming out automatically !

Eric,

Thank you very much for your advice. Will bring it to a professional.

NC