DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trygon Electronics HR40-750 Manual (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/375855-trygon-electronics-hr40-750-manual.html)

nick[_3_] November 14th 14 01:54 AM

Trygon Electronics HR40-750 Manual

I bought one of these as not working and am looking for a scanned copy of the service manual or a schematic so I can troubleshoot it. It seems to not be outputting the full voltage when loaded to about 400mA it only outputs at around 5-8 volts.

mike[_22_] November 14th 14 03:18 AM

On 11/13/2014 5:54 PM, nick wrote:
I bought one of these as not working and am looking for a scanned copy of the service manual or a schematic so I can troubleshoot it. It seems to not be outputting the full voltage when loaded to about 400mA it only outputs at around 5-8 volts.

I have a scan of a schematic for a HR40-5.
It has a 60Hz switching pre-regulator that's a nightmare.
If you can't find the right one, I can email this one.

nick[_3_] November 15th 14 01:47 AM

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:18:38 PM UTC-5, mike wrote:
On 11/13/2014 5:54 PM, nick wrote:
I bought one of these as not working and am looking for a scanned copy of the service manual or a schematic so I can troubleshoot it. It seems to not be outputting the full voltage when loaded to about 400mA it only outputs at around 5-8 volts.

I have a scan of a schematic for a HR40-5.
It has a 60Hz switching pre-regulator that's a nightmare.
If you can't find the right one, I can email this one.

I would appreciate it if you could send along the schematic you have. I really don't mind a challange. Hopefully the schematic is similar. I suspected it was a switcher as the transformer looked small for 30-40 Watts. Please send it to . Plan on starting with the caps and then maybe one of the power semiconductors.

[email protected] February 10th 16 09:44 PM

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 7:18:38 PM UTC-8, mike wrote:
On 11/13/2014 5:54 PM, nick wrote:
I bought one of these as not working and am looking for a scanned copy of the service manual or a schematic so I can troubleshoot it. It seems to not be outputting the full voltage when loaded to about 400mA it only outputs at around 5-8 volts.

I have a scan of a schematic for a HR40-5.
It has a 60Hz switching pre-regulator that's a nightmare.
If you can't find the right one, I can email this one.

Mike, could you also send me a schematic? I would appreciate it. Thanks,
Bruce Baur brucebaur at comcast dot net.