DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Canon Laser Printer- 52 Service Error?? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37539-canon-laser-printer-52-service-error.html)

mike August 3rd 03 04:07 AM

Canon Laser Printer- 52 Service Error??

hello,

I have a laser printer Canon LBP-4 Plus that has suddenly and abruptly
stopped working.
Soon after going online it reports the 52 Service Error.
Now, i understand this error could be related to a scanner/laser motor
malfunction.
My question is.. is this a minor fault that i a begginner could
attempt to fix or or is it best left to the experts.

Could someone please give me an overview, on what it would involve,
thankyou.

Mike,.

Bd August 4th 03 10:10 PM

Canon Laser Printer- 52 Service Error??

Hi,

Le 2 Aug 2003 20:07:13 -0700, (mike)
écrivait:

I have a laser printer Canon LBP-4 Plus that has suddenly and abruptly
stopped working.
Soon after going online it reports the 52 Service Error.
Now, i understand this error could be related to a scanner/laser motor
malfunction.
My question is.. is this a minor fault that i a begginner could
attempt to fix or or is it best left to the experts.

This is sometimes something very easy to fix: just unplug and re-plug
the cable which comes from the laser motor box (the black box in the
deepest location inside the printer 8-((.

If it doesn't work, then, it's most of the time an IC which is known
to fail (it litterally burns out). Its rmarking is HA13465AMP, it's a
CMS IC and some people changed it with success, some with less success
as the design of the circuit is known to have so weaknesses.

Have a look here (Canon and HP Laserjet are from the same origin:
Canon factories!):
http://www.vermontficks.org/hplj.htm

A search with google with "error 52" and/or "laserjet" or "canon" will
give you hundreds of links related to this problem.

Another way, if you can find the part, is to change the assembly
located in the blackbox.

Hope it helps!

Regards
--
Bernard
(NB: mon adresse de retour est valide. Ne rien y changer)

Michel Savard September 8th 03 01:19 PM

Canon Laser Printer- 52 Service Error??

Electrolytic capacitors dry out on these boards as well.
"Super Slueth" wrote in message

The scanner is a 6 sided mirror driven by a motor. On this small PCB
is a motor controll chip. This commonly burns out.

It's quite difficult to replace. you have to take most of the printer
to pieces to get to it.

Hope this helps