Nick Funk

Default IIYAMA Monitor

I have an IIYAMA Vision Master Pro17 (model # MT-9017E)
It has been a great monitor except today when I turned on my computer
and monitor the monitor only shows a very bright very thin line running
from top to bottom in the very center of the screen. Nothing else is
shown. I tried several times turning the monitor off and on without
success. I unpluged the SVGA cable from the graphics card, still same
problem. Could not display the monitor's menu function either.

Anybody knows what could be causing this problem? Estimated cost to
repair? Or where I can find schematics for this monitor?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Nick

u1061771156

In article , lid wrote:

"Nick Funk" wrote in message

I have an IIYAMA Vision Master Pro17 (model # MT-9017E)
It has been a great monitor except today when I turned on my computer
and monitor the monitor only shows a very bright very thin line running
from top to bottom in the very center of the screen. Nothing else is
shown. I tried several times turning the monitor off and on without
success. I unpluged the SVGA cable from the graphics card, still same
problem. Could not display the monitor's menu function either.

Anybody knows what could be causing this problem? Estimated cost to
repair? Or where I can find schematics for this monitor?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Nick

Mike wrote:
sounds like there is no drive to the yoke, but the horiz circuits are
functioning, in order to see the line.

you might have a bad solder joint, bad return caps, or open yoke winding.

Your suggestion regarding solder joints etc. is good advice, but I
would add that I have seen some monitors where the HV is generated
separately from the horizontal sweep. In such a monitor he could have a
bad horizontal sweep circuit and still have HV as demonstrated by
vertical line on the CRT.
Ken

Ken is quite correct. This monitor has separate HV generation from H scan.

I debugged an identical failure a year or so ago. It turned out to be a
bad soldered joint. The horizontal output transistor is the 2SC5294,
the B+ is regulated by the 2SA1673. I'd suggest you start by examining
the solder joints on these and work outwards from there. Sadly I didn't note
down in my notes exactly which joint fixed it (but yours could well be a
different one anyway).

I have a partial schematic of this area (manually traced) which I could
be presuaded to scan and email. Also some voltage readings.

Do not run it much in this condition or you risk burning the screen.

Regards,
Mike.