WbSearch

Default Multimeter won't zero, only on DC volts

I didn't mean to imply I was going to mess with the POT's. I did find in the
manual they are to calibrate the DC and AC volts. So I assume they are OK and
haven't/won't change them. I agree something else is happening.
Tweetldee

"WbSearch" wrote in message
Have a Micronta M/N 22-191 multimeter that recently won't display zero

only on
DC at the 2 volt selection or higher. The 200 mv scale is fine, as are all
scales of AC volts. The display shows between 0.100 - 0.500 volts, even

when
the plus and minus leads are touched together. I have cleaned the PCB and
switches which helped for a short time. All diodes, resistors, batteries

and
fuses check fine. All other functions work porperly as well. Any other

help
is appreciated.
Also, does anyone know what the 2 POT's are for? The manual doesn't go

into
that detail. Thanks in advance.

If cleaning the PCB and switches solved the problem previously, there may be
something there that needs further investigation. Look vewy, vewy closely,
using a magnifying glass or other high-powered optics, at the CPB and the
area around the switches for anything that may look out of place. Like a
burned area such as may be caused by arcing. Have you used the DMM to check
a high voltage source just prior to it exhibiting the problem? How about
moisture or spilled liquid? Or component leads touching?
In this case, your eyes may be your best tool.

Cheers!!
--
Tweetldee
Tweetldee at att dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in the

Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.