Prosonman

Default KV-M2531U Frame Collapse

Hi,

I have a Sony KV-M2531U that has a collapsed frame - single line across
middle of screen.

The vertical delflection circuit is based around a TDA8170 that has been
replaced but it still will not work. Supply voltages seem OK and components
around it read OK. I once had ciruit diagrams but have now lost them so if
anyone has a circuit for the vertical deflection section it would be much
aprreciated or if any ideas what the problem maybe.

What restistance should the vertial coil read, I get a reading of 8.2Ohms.?

Many thanks
Richard

Sofie

snipped:
"Prosonman" wrote in message
I have a Sony KV-M2531U that has a collapsed frame - single line across
middle of screen.
The vertical delflection circuit is based around a TDA8170 that has been
replaced but it still will not work. Supply voltages seem OK and

components
around it read OK. I once had ciruit diagrams but have now lost them so if

------------------------

Richard:
Is the flyback derived B+ getting to the vertical output stage???
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Nigel

The field scan coupling capacitor C531 (680uF, 25v) is the cause of many
field faults with this set.
Sony now supplies a 680uF replacement rated at 50v (105 degree).
Sony part number 1-111-123-11

"Prosonman" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Sony KV-M2531U that has a collapsed frame - single line across
middle of screen.

The vertical delflection circuit is based around a TDA8170 that has been
replaced but it still will not work. Supply voltages seem OK and components
around it read OK. I once had ciruit diagrams but have now lost them so if
anyone has a circuit for the vertical deflection section it would be much
aprreciated or if any ideas what the problem maybe.

What restistance should the vertial coil read, I get a reading of 8.2Ohms.?

Many thanks
Richard

Prosonman

"Prosonman" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Sony KV-M2531U that has a collapsed frame - single line across
middle of screen.

The vertical delflection circuit is based around a TDA8170 that has been
replaced but it still will not work. Supply voltages seem OK and

components
around it read OK. I once had ciruit diagrams but have now lost them so if
anyone has a circuit for the vertical deflection section it would be much
aprreciated or if any ideas what the problem maybe.

What restistance should the vertial coil read, I get a reading of

8.2Ohms.?

Many thanks
Richard

Thanks for info, tried suggested problems but still no luck. However I have
discovered a broken track that may have caused TDA8170 to fail ( Pin 6 and 7
short circuit on IC). Will try another new TDA8170 tomorrow when it arrives.

Thanks again.
Richard