Michael

Default HP D5258a monitor is totally dead

Hey, my HP D5258a monitor is totally dead. When your press the power button
there are no whistles, clicks, led, flub-flub-flub noises, nothing at all.

I have searched google and found a reference to "a small 2.2M resistor
beside the PS controller IC (R024)" going open circuit. However on mine the
lowest numbered resistor is 302, and the ones near the PS section are
numbered R850, R861, R809 etc.

Any ideas or can someone interpret the schematic for me please?

Michael.

Model No. D5258A
Product No. D5258-60012
Serial num. TH02001590
Manufactured May 2000
Chassis code C5B

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

Hi,

I think, yours is that other chassis without 2.2M resistor. Does it use
STRS6707 IC in power suply?

If it does, most likely it is shorted. Also, there is a 0.33R resistopr next
to it and a fuse that blow.
WARNING! If fuse is not blown, AC filter capacitor may contain full charge
of 300V and will happily discharge through yourself.

Rudolf

"Michael" wrote in message
Hey, my HP D5258a monitor is totally dead. When your press the power

button
there are no whistles, clicks, led, flub-flub-flub noises, nothing at all.

I have searched google and found a reference to "a small 2.2M resistor
beside the PS controller IC (R024)" going open circuit. However on mine

the
lowest numbered resistor is 302, and the ones near the PS section are
numbered R850, R861, R809 etc.

Any ideas or can someone interpret the schematic for me please?

Michael.

Model No. D5258A
Product No. D5258-60012
Serial num. TH02001590
Manufactured May 2000
Chassis code C5B

Michael

Rudolf, the only markings on the power supply chip are as follows:

ST MAL
UC3842B
91C005

It is a 8 pin chip, I can't see any 0.33R near it.

I have checked the main fuse behind the power cord connector and it seems to
be okay.

And I am staying away from the AC filter capacitor, as I cant get the board
out to discharge it and I dont want to hit my head on our roof when I jump

Michael.

"Rudolf Ladyzhenskii" wrote
in message ...

"Michael" wrote in message
Hey, my HP D5258a monitor is totally dead. When your press the power

button
there are no whistles, clicks, led, flub-flub-flub noises, nothing at

all.

I have searched google and found a reference to "a small 2.2M resistor
beside the PS controller IC (R024)" going open circuit. However on mine

the
lowest numbered resistor is 302, and the ones near the PS section are
numbered R850, R861, R809 etc.

Any ideas or can someone interpret the schematic for me please?

Michael.

Model No. D5258A
Product No. D5258-60012
Serial num. TH02001590
Manufactured May 2000
Chassis code C5B

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

OK. I know the one you are talking about. It is the one with 2.2M resistor.
(Daewoo CMC1520X)

Look closely on resistors near that UC3842 IC. It is a small resistor next
to it.
And AC filter capacitor will hold charge! Make sure you discharge it before
working on teh unit.

Rudolf

"Michael" wrote in message
Hey, my HP D5258a monitor is totally dead. When your press the power

button
there are no whistles, clicks, led, flub-flub-flub noises, nothing at

all.

I have searched google and found a reference to "a small 2.2M resistor
beside the PS controller IC (R024)" going open circuit. However on

mine
the
lowest numbered resistor is 302, and the ones near the PS section are
numbered R850, R861, R809 etc.

Any ideas or can someone interpret the schematic for me please?

Michael.

Model No. D5258A
Product No. D5258-60012
Serial num. TH02001590
Manufactured May 2000
Chassis code C5B

JOSEPH IRVINE

Michael, the model you have is the one made by Tatung.The model that had the
2.2Meg ohm resistor was the one with the serial number starting with
DKxxxxxxxx.
The most common fault for yours, with no power was a rectifier diode in the
secondary of the power supply going S/C.Check D803 in the secondary side of
the power supply for S/C.Also this model had a common fault for the pins on
the flyback transformer to go dry jointed.Check for dry joints as well.
Hope this info helps and let me know how you go.
Cheers
Joe