DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sony KV-32s20 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37395-sony-kv-32s20.html)

ABDC EFGH July 28th 03 07:30 PM

sony KV-32s20

Hi:

I have a 1997 32" sony KV-32s20. The sounds works, but the picture is a
magenta color with horizontal raster lines. I took it into a local shop,
and they told me that the parts that are bad are no longer available. They
also told me that the picture tube is weak, and that it was not worth
fixing. He said that he would like to recycle the circuit boards inside and
he would discard everything else. Should I get a second opinion? He also
told me that sony picture tubes can not be reguvinated.

Jerry Greenberg July 30th 03 03:43 AM

sony KV-32s20

Get an estimate from another place! This guy may be a board swapper
rather than a troubleshooter.

Jerry Greenberg