DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bose Acoustic Wave music system, disassembly? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/373823-bose-acoustic-wave-music-system-disassembly.html)

N_Cook August 29th 14 06:16 PM

Bose Acoustic Wave music system, disassembly?

First one?, no model number seen. Cassette deck and radio, no CD.
I've got the ps section removed but cannot get to the cassette deck area
to replace the belts etc.
Like monitor casings, but where to release plastic catches?

N_Cook August 29th 14 06:40 PM

Bose Acoustic Wave music system, disassembly?

Could not be easier, with hindsight. Unlike later Waves, remove the
telescop[ic antenna mounting screw.

William Sommerwerck August 29th 14 07:22 PM

Bose Acoustic Wave music system, disassembly?

Could not be easier, with hindsight. Unlike later Waves,
remove the telescopic antenna mounting screw.

At least Sony has the decency to put arrows next to the screws you're supposed
to remove.

N_Cook August 29th 14 07:28 PM

On 29/08/2014 19:22, William Sommerwerck wrote:
Could not be easier, with hindsight. Unlike later Waves,
remove the telescopic antenna mounting screw.

At least Sony has the decency to put arrows next to the screws you're
supposed to remove.

Yes, no arrows here. I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place
with just one screw holding it there. 1987 date probably.

William Sommerwerck August 29th 14 08:04 PM

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with
just one screw holding it there. 1987 date, probably.

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some
self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

N_Cook August 30th 14 12:16 PM

On 29/08/2014 20:04, William Sommerwerck wrote:
"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with
just one screw holding it there. 1987 date, probably.

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some
self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

The acoustic waveguide stuff in the middle section is plastic welded
together .
1987 on the deck motor. Perished pulley tyre, 1,2 or 3 "O" rings will go
in there. The drive bands are just about working order, at least I can
measure unstretched lengths before replacing with sliced silicon rubber
replacements

N_Cook August 30th 14 12:21 PM

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with
just one screw holding it there. 1987 date, probably.

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some
self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

repeated as first attempt evaporated

N_Cook August 30th 14 01:29 PM

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with
just one screw holding it there. 1987 date, probably.

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some
self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

repeated as first 2 attempts evaporated

N_Cook August 30th 14 04:45 PM

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...

I'm surprised how firmly the top was held in place with
just one screw holding it there. 1987 date, probably.

Give the quarter-century age of the unit, there might have been some
self-bonding of the plastic, as well.

If this msg fails to materialise , no more attempts today.