DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   problems with projection T V (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37375-re-problems-projection-t-v.html)

Bill Jr July 27th 03 11:08 PM

problems with projection T V

Need to have it checked for a shorted/cracked blue CRT.
A most common problem with these.

Good Luck,
Bill Jr

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
I have a 10 yr old 63" Magnavox, model number PR3061 A105 . It has no
picture, and perfect sound. I had a repairman visit, checked the
flyback and picture tube, and has no H V . He replaces a resistor, and
the flyback, still has nothing. Any sugestions?? Any help would be
appreciated.

Alan Harriman July 28th 03 03:51 AM

On 27 Jul 2003 13:59:34 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

I have a 10 yr old 63" Magnavox, model number PR3061 A105 . It has no
picture, and perfect sound. I had a repairman visit, checked the
flyback and picture tube, and has no H V . He replaces a resistor, and
the flyback, still has nothing. Any sugestions?? Any help would be
appreciated.

Find another servicer? I don't understand. He replaces these parts, then he
bails out on you?

Alan Harriman

bigmike July 28th 03 07:32 AM

"Alan Harriman" wrote in message
On 27 Jul 2003 13:59:34 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

I have a 10 yr old 63" Magnavox, model number PR3061 A105 . It has no
picture, and perfect sound. I had a repairman visit, checked the
flyback and picture tube, and has no H V . He replaces a resistor, and
the flyback, still has nothing. Any sugestions?? Any help would be
appreciated.

Find another servicer? I don't understand. He replaces these parts, then

he
bails out on you?

Alan Harriman

That's what I was thinking also. I hope you didn't pay this person for "not"
fixing your set.

Dave July 28th 03 04:40 PM

"bigmike" wrote in message m...
"Alan Harriman" wrote in message
On 27 Jul 2003 13:59:34 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

I have a 10 yr old 63" Magnavox, model number PR3061 A105 . It has no
picture, and perfect sound. I had a repairman visit, checked the
flyback and picture tube, and has no H V . He replaces a resistor, and
the flyback, still has nothing. Any sugestions?? Any help would be
appreciated.

Find another servicer? I don't understand. He replaces these parts, then

he
bails out on you?

Alan Harriman

That's what I was thinking also. I hope you didn't pay this person for "not"
fixing your set.

No, he's not charged yet, says he's researching the problem. However,
the new flyback was installed.