DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help with SONY KP-61v15 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37358-need-help-sony-kp-61v15.html)

cessna July 27th 03 05:18 AM

Need help with SONY KP-61v15

SONY KP-61v15

Picture blinks, I suspect one of the tubes, if so, is there a chance to
find a used one . . . price? this is a 10yr old set advice?

john July 27th 03 05:36 PM

Need help with SONY KP-61v15

Yes !
1 Red CRT
1 Blue CRT
1 Green CRT
All three are tubes.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Damir" wrote in message
10yr old set with tubes???????????????????
Are you sure?
It could be a problem with bad solders in IF tuner section.

Regards,
Damir

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 04:18:35 GMT, cessna

bigmike July 27th 03 07:38 PM

Need help with SONY KP-61v15

"Damir" wrote in message
10yr old set with tubes???????????????????
Are you sure?
It could be a problem with bad solders in IF tuner section.

Regards,
Damir

I think he means it's a projection TV, and he thinks one of the crts is
going bad.

cessna July 28th 03 02:35 AM

Need help with SONY KP-61v15

It is a projection set and I thought anyone that worked and was able to
assist would know that the Cathode Ray Tube is a tube, so much for that.

Has anyone here got experience with this model ? In some other
brands/models these tubes, have problems over heating and cracking
anyone know about this model, since it is 61", my guess is it does.

over

cessna July 28th 03 04:07 AM

Need help with SONY KP-61v15

what would you guess I'd have to spend for a tube, are there any used or
are the new tubes reasonable ?

Alan Harriman wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:35:22 GMT, cessna wrote:

It is a projection set and I thought anyone that worked on these and was able to
assist would know that the Cathode Ray Tube is a tube, so much for that.

Has anyone here got experience with this model ? In some other
brands/models these tubes, have problems over heating and cracking
anyone know about this model, since it is 61", my guess is it does.

Have you tried turning up the screens one at a time? If the pix stops blinking,
then you probably found the bad tube.

Alan Harriman

David July 28th 03 06:08 AM

Need help with SONY KP-61v15

$990 is what the three tubes are going to cost at a minimum.
Given the fact that the set is in AKB blanking due to a weak tube, all three
MUST be replaced or you will have the same blinking problem due to one tube
being too strong and out of balance for the AKB circuit to handle it.

Yes, slightly turning up the G2 voltage on the tubes one at a time will
confirm which tube is bad, make sure to mark where they were before you
started so you can turn them back.

David

. ..