Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Kenwood TM-281A Adjustment Mode

Hi,

I am aware of a ham-radio NG. Unfortunately due to extremely low
activity, I am posting this message here.

Does anyone know the procedure to access the adjustment mode
menu on my Kenwood 2M TM-281A transceiver? This is the menu
that allows you to adjust the power lever, deviation, etc.

Thank You in advance, John N3AOF

PS, I was unable to locate a service manual on the internet, unless
I pay for one.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

SNIP

According to the following, it's similar to the previous TM-271A

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/in...?topic=78074.0

And there is a 271A Yahoo users group covering the 281A.

TM-271A service manual here
http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenw...1a-svc-man.pdf

Hi,
I forgot to say in my post that I downloaded the TM-271A SM.
Unfortunately. the circuit board is much different than the TM-281A.
In the TM-271A, there is a place on the PCB where you use a tweezers or other
to short to "points", then turn on the power to enter adjustment mode..

Thanks again for your replies, John N3AOF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:52:06 -0400, jaugustine wrote:

I am aware of a ham-radio NG. Unfortunately due to extremely low
activity, I am posting this message here.

There's a Kenwood Yahoo group, I own a TS480SAT which has it's own Yahoo
group - there may be one for your radio.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

For adjustment mode, see instructions at:
http://www.repeater-builder.com/kenwood/pdfs/tm-271a-adjustments.pdf
Good luck.

Hi Jeff,

Although I downloaded the SM for the TM271A, I decided to use the
link you provided. By golly, this is a different procedure than what I found
in the SM!

I will give that a try in a day or two after I finish some other
projects I am working on.

Again, Thanks, John N3AOF

Hi Jeff,

OOOPS,

I took a quick look at that adjustment page via the link you provided,
and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

The front panel keys are used in making the adjustments, NOT
for getting into adjustment mode.

It is the same as the TM271A SM I downloaded.

There is a BIG difference between the PCB in the TM271A and TM281A,
and you have to access a certain place on the PCB in order to get the
radio into "adjustment mode".

Thanks for trying, John N3AOF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have a copy of the adjustment for the TM 281 a
Please email me for a copy

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi sir...how to set or program a 15watts in tm 281a?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at 8:37:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi sir...how to set or program a 15watts in tm 281a?

Nearly three years gone.