Carmine Castiglia

Default Mitsubishi CS-2656R No Color

Turned this TV on today to find no color on any channels. I swapped the
cable box (digital, Scientific Atlanta Model ?) with one from my son's room
and still no color on this tv (his works fine with either cable box). I
tried using the regular 75 ohm cable input, the external video RCA-connector
input, and the S-Video input all with the same no-color result.

Interestingly, the on screen programming functions still appear in their
normal colors, mostly yellow with occasional other colors. The "Tint"
setting bar, for example, appears half red/half green.

Would appreciate some thoughts...

bigmike

"Carmine Castiglia" wrote in message
.net...
Turned this TV on today to find no color on any channels. I swapped the
cable box (digital, Scientific Atlanta Model ?) with one from my son's

room
and still no color on this tv (his works fine with either cable box). I
tried using the regular 75 ohm cable input, the external video

RCA-connector
input, and the S-Video input all with the same no-color result.

Interestingly, the on screen programming functions still appear in their
normal colors, mostly yellow with occasional other colors. The "Tint"
setting bar, for example, appears half red/half green.

Would appreciate some thoughts...

There are several common part failures in the chroma circuit of that model,
that cause lost of color. Bad caps, resistors changing value, ect. You will
need to get it looked at by a service tech. It is normal for the on-screen
displays to still have color, when there is a fault in the chroma circuitry

C Castiglia

Well, we went out last night and bought a Toshiba 27" 'nearly-flat'
screen model 27A43 for just $259 at Best Buy. I figure it'll cost at
least $100 to fix the Mitsubishi and it's already some 13 or so years
old, so...