DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharp VC-H85X VCR Power Supply (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37278-sharp-vc-h85x-vcr-power-supply.html)

Scott Rixon July 23rd 03 12:22 PM

Sharp VC-H85X VCR Power Supply

I am after p/s diagram for above model as this one has hiccup and
noise, sounds like large electrolytic cap problem.Help thanks!

Franc Zabkar July 23rd 03 10:36 PM

Sharp VC-H85X VCR Power Supply

On 23 Jul 2003 04:22:42 -0700, (Scott Rixon)
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I am after p/s diagram for above model as this one has hiccup and
noise, sounds like large electrolytic cap problem.Help thanks!

Does this have an SCR on the 30V (?) rail? If so then it could be
crowbarring this rail and causing the PS to shutdown. You should hear
squealing when this happens. The root cause is a small electrolytic on
the primary side of the switching transformer.

- Franc Zabkar