DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitsubshi VS-5007 convergence problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/37263-mitsubshi-vs-5007-convergence-problem.html)

Dan July 22nd 03 04:49 PM

Mitsubshi VS-5007 convergence problem

A good friend gave me his old Mistu projection tv, so he could get a
new one. It has one small problem. The convergence is broken. I tested
it with a scope and I thought the Signal generation was bad and I
replaced it. That wasn't the problem. The output of the signal
generator was a real flakey signel on the horizontal output. It
remained after I replaced it. Someone told me to replace both the
verical and Horizontal output amps on the convergence board. I was
thinking maybe a Capacitor. Any Ideas?
Thanks
dan

Leonard G. Caillouet July 22nd 03 06:50 PM

Mitsubshi VS-5007 convergence problem

V11 chassis. Your thinking is correct, but scale it up by a factor of 100.
Expect 60-120 bad caps on all five major boards. Don't bother with it
unless you are going to go through it thoroughly searching for leaky caps
and high esr. Plan to repair some bad traces from corrosion and bad solder
joints.

Leonard Caillouet

m...